The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I have an Assignment due Monday requiring 2,000 words +/- 10% but I have said all I want or need to say in 1,358. Luckily these words are only worth 50% of the mark. And I still have the Network Diagram to do yet, I might be able to add words to explain the design to boost the total.

Why the word count? Because our lecturer is incompetent. This assignment is supposed to prepare us for the 'Real World' of writing reports for managers. I have never been asked for a report by a manager with a word count in 20 years. Just write the report, make your recommendation.

This subject is not teaching me anything. In fact the response from a tutor to a question on the subject discussion board about NAT was "Type 'IP addressing using NAT' into Google" which is pretty sad. And yes I learnt more from that suggestion than from the lecture notes and text book combined.

Worse thing: I don't need to know any of this. I don't want to know any of this. It is not relevant to my career plans.

I had much better luck buying a used car direct rather than dealing with the crooks at the dealerships. Of course' date=' it took forever for a decent car to come up in the classifieds, and it's a bit more risky since here, the lemon law does not apply to private transactions.[/quote']

Good advice, though I'm looking to buy a new car, rather than a used one. I'm just looking to get rid of my existing car as part of the transaction. I may end up purchasing the new car and selling the current car as a private transaction. That is just more hassle than I was hoping for.

I think the pressure is getting to me. I didn't get to sleep until 4 am. I have a job interview first thing tomorrow. I am about to get hit with a *heap* of work. I have an assignment and a bunch of tutorials due Friday week, then my exams after that. I just don't know when I'm going to get it all done.

I think the pressure is getting to me. I didn't get to sleep until 4 am. I have a job interview first thing tomorrow. I am about to get hit with a *heap* of work. I have an assignment and a bunch of tutorials due Friday week' date=' then my exams after that. I just don't know when I'm going to get it all done.[/quote']

* heaps and heaps of good luck heading your way*

So the couriers told me that they would try and deliver my new credit card yesterday. Or at least leave a note. Good.

When I get back home is there a note or the card ? No.

When I ring them today they can only deliver between 9-5 when I am at work or travelling to. So why didn't the courier leave a note ? No entrance to property. Never stopped them before. Delivery must be to work or home but work forbids this option.

Back to the card company. They can deliver to a bank. Hally sodding loo yah.

But 5 working days time and it will be there. Marvellous.

Me again.

My son has had some learning difficulties at school so we had him formally assessed the other day. As we suspected, he is dyslexic. So my wife goes to the school and asks the Deputy Principal what they can do to help him. The answer? They aren't willing to do a damn thing. Why are we paying them their F$@&g school fees then?

Now my wife and I are fighting over what's the best thing to do about it.

Work is still craptastic (see previous posts in this thread) and so is Uni (see previous posts in this thread). On top of this, I had an informal job interview this morning which didn't go as well as I'd have liked.

Me again.

My son has had some learning difficulties at school so we had him formally assessed the other day. As we suspected, he is dyslexic. So my wife goes to the school and asks the Deputy Principal what they can do to help him. The answer? They aren't willing to do a damn thing. Why are we paying them their F$@&g school fees then?

Work is still craptastic (see previous posts in this thread) and so is Uni (see previous posts in this thread). On top of this, I had an informal job interview this morning which didn't go as well as I'd have liked.

Keep your chin up mate!

Me again.

I'll ask my brother what he did to help his dyslexia. We didn't test him for it unitl the 5th grade or something, by that time he'd already been held back once. I know he overcame it with a good deal of hard work, but it may have involved an outside tutor.

I'll get back to you in a day or so.

I was dyslexic, and received no special help for it from the schools; my family on the other hand did all they could. My mother and sisters started reading comics and adventure stories with me nightly, on a fixed thirty minute per night schedule. I was encouraged to read as much as I could of each story, with my mom and sisters reading progressively less. I became a serious bibliophile, collecting comic books and then books, reading as my primary form of entertainment. That plus the passage of time fixed the problem, though it still shows up in my spelling now and then.

I'd suggest this as one possible part of a solution to your son's problem.

Two more lectures to go. Tons of grading, of course. Attendance was down to around 30% this morning. Have to make sure something from today's lecture appears on the final, something unmentioned in the text. My old chatroom handle wasn't "Doctor Satan" for nothing.