The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I finally just figured my mother's taxes for her. Since her income is my late father's pension, gas royalities, farmland rental and annuities she always owes money (none withheld). Every year I have to bug her to get her taxes done and she always waits to the last minute. At least this year I was able to blow 6 hours on a Sunday and do them myself. I am happy I did it and saved about $150 in tax prep fees, but my whole Sunday afternoon was consumed.

Just had to have both hands stuck for a blood test. They can't find veins in my arms anymore. It was stressful and painful, and then I come home to read that Death Tribble criticised my work as NGD VP- in the COMPLIMENTS thread ! I think I'll send over my Klingon Boys to straighten him out...... :sneaky:

Ugh. Blood draws.

I've had veins roll, and vanish entirely at the appearance of a needle. I've had doctors stick in a baby needle, then "hunt" for the vein. I've had heat wraps to get my veins near the surface, and I've had three inch bruises from this torture.

I HATE blood tests. I'd almost rather they cut me wide open and soaked up whatever came out.

I had to fix a problem with my dentist. Its billing company charged me with a late fee, despite my having paid the entire bill ahead of time. The receptionist said he'll clear it with the billing company, but I think I'll call these idiots tomorrow anyway. I'm not about to pay for someone else's mistake.

My dog has to have another surgery. He just went through one last summer, and he's going to go through a hard time yet again. He's an old dog too.

There's no good way to end a friendship. Even when you're the one ending it, you feel just as rotten as the one you're dumping.

I"m so tired... and I have to go home and do laundry... and my daughter lost her MP3 player... and I don't want to cook... and I'm hoping my husband (who was home this afternoon) had a good idea for dinner... and I have to work on the website - and I have to work on the choreography.. and I'm soooo tired.....

Buy a ****ing muffler already! And don't give me any crap about your Harley being safer because it's loud--you don't even wear a helmet!

The engine and valves are specifically designed to make that noise. I believe they Trademarked the sound.... it's why I'll be buying a Honda. (Edit: double checked, they tried to trademark it, no resolution was reached, Harley dropped it.)

....So, I buy a bicycle on Tuesday. Cool. Gonna ride regularly and all that.

Today I get on my bike. Go up to the park, start riding. It's overcast, little windy and cool. Then it gets colder and windier so I take a path back towards my house. The I get snowed on.

WTF. really.

The engine and valves are specifically designed to make that noise. I believe they Trademarked the sound.... it's why I'll be buying a Honda. (Edit: double checked' date=' they tried to trademark it, no resolution was reached, Harley dropped it.)[/quote']

Whatever sound Harley is trying to trademark, these clowns drown it out by installing straight pipes. Then they rev their bikes up and down the street at 2 A.M.

Loud vehicles used to annoy me, but now that I have an infant, annoyance has given way to rage. It's too bad I don't own a sniper rifle. Or maybe that's a good thing.

Whatever sound Harley is trying to trademark, these clowns drown it out by installing straight pipes. Then they rev their bikes up and down the street at 2 A.M.

Loud vehicles used to annoy me, but now that I have an infant, annoyance has given way to rage. It's too bad I don't own a sniper rifle. Or maybe that's a good thing.

I had a mufferless car driving past my apartment SLOWWWWWWWLY at 2 am a few months ago. Then they idled at the corner, revved their engine, and generally made more noise than was reasonable for 2 am.

I stood on my front porch and GLARED at them.

Actually, I was trying to read a license plate to report them for public disturbance or something. But it functioned as a glare, too, because I was very cranky. They drove off and didn't come back that night.