The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

:mad: :mad: My wife's blood pressure is up, due to her pregnancy. As an alternative to her going into the Hospital, she is staying at my mom and dad's house, 3 minutes from the hospital, rather than 40 minutes and she would be the only one there while I am at work.

:nonp:

I'm not sure I understand:

It's 65 in your office and your fingers are blue?

You must be very sensitive, but I don't know why your coworkers need it that cold. Maybe Archermoo should be doing your job. He considers 70 hot.

Sixty-five would be perfectly fine if I were moving about, and that's where the heat was set to. Instead, it's cold air blowing on me when it's 65, and I can't get up, move around and get my metabolism going.

Surely you can at least redirect the air from blowing on you? I had that problem in my dorm room at College Park, my roommate would stagger in at 2 AM and crank the AC up to 'polar', and the AC vent pointed right at my face. So I redirected the flow with some newspaper and lots of tape.

That roommate was really, really weird. I still wonder what his deal was, even after all these years.

Surely you can at least redirect the air from blowing on you? I had that problem in my dorm room at College Park, my roommate would stagger in at 2 AM and crank the AC up to 'polar', and the AC vent pointed right at my face. So I redirected the flow with some newspaper and lots of tape.

That roommate was really, really weird. I still wonder what his deal was, even after all these years.

Maybe you went to college with Mr. Freeze?

No, but he might have been a vampire. Here's the thing: I only spoke to him once, ever, and that was on the second day of the semester. I'd been in the room a week, class had just started, I figured I had the room to myself; then that day this guy unlocks the door and steps in. "Hi, I'm [i forget]," he said, "I guess I'm your roommate." So I introduced myself, briefly, then he said "Okay, gotta go," dropped his bag at the foot of the bed, and left. After that he would only come back to the room at 2 AM and leave by 6 AM, times when I was not real talkative or social, and he never actually moved anything into the room--he'd bring his bag in when he got there and take it when he left. I think sometimes he'd hang his shirt in the closet for those four hours. But otherwise the guy was never there. Obviously he didn't show up for moving-out day either.

So--theories, anyone?

The vent is closed. It still blows at me.

And this being my place of employment, I do have something of an obligation to keep the fire hazards down. I figure if my work doesn't mind paying for the electricity to cool down the back offices, then to heat it back up with my space heater, I don't really care, either.

But every time it comes up, it makes my eye twitch.

Hey, has anyone noticed the descriptions we see when we point at the green squares have changed? Now many of us no longer have "reputation beyond repute." I'm not cranky about it, just curious to know when it happened. I can see why it happened, though, since there are people who have rep power with 3 digits.

Hey' date=' has anyone noticed the descriptions we see when we point at the green squares have changed? Now many of us no longer have "reputation beyond repute." I'm not cranky about it, just curious to know when it happened. I can see why it happened, though, since there are people who have rep power with 3 digits.[/quote']Blame the Squirrel. Not that I'm complaining either, as I seconded the motion!

On topic: I somehow managed to use 10GB in the first 10 days of this month. I'm not denying I used that amount, just surprised - I've never gone over 2GB in a month before, and I've had a cable modem for several years now. About a year back my ISP upgraded their usage limits on their plans, so I went from a 1GB limit plan to "Cable Standard Unlimited* MB". I now know what the "*" means - it means my Cable connection is throttled from a maximum of 8MB/s to 64kB/s if I exceed 10GB of use in a calendar month for the rest of that month. It's just a pity that my service rarely if ever gets close to these maximums - at times, it's been slower than my old dial-up used to be.

Man, I've been feeling so angry lately, I'm even picking fights with people in the street. I'm just so disgusted with life right now, I don't care about the consequences anymore. I can't seem to catch a break right now, and I've started taking it out on others.

Man' date=' I've been feeling so angry lately, I'm even picking fights with people in the street. I'm just so disgusted with life right now, I don't care about the consequences anymore. I can't seem to catch a break right now, and I've started taking it out on others.[/quote']

Make sure you take it out on people who deserve it. Like L. Marcus.

No' date=' but he might have been a vampire. Here's the thing: I only spoke to him once, ever, and that was on the second day of the semester. I'd been in the room a week, class had just started, I figured I had the room to myself; then that day this guy unlocks the door and steps in. "Hi, I'm [i forget']," he said, "I guess I'm your roommate." So I introduced myself, briefly, then he said "Okay, gotta go," dropped his bag at the foot of the bed, and left. After that he would only come back to the room at 2 AM and leave by 6 AM, times when I was not real talkative or social, and he never actually moved anything into the room--he'd bring his bag in when he got there and take it when he left. I think sometimes he'd hang his shirt in the closet for those four hours. But otherwise the guy was never there. Obviously he didn't show up for moving-out day either.

So--theories, anyone?

I'm guessing he lived with a chick somewhere... was it one of those campus' where first year students from out of state had to live in the dorms one year?

Man' date=' I've been feeling so angry lately, I'm even picking fights with people in the street. I'm just so disgusted with life right now, I don't care about the consequences anymore. I can't seem to catch a break right now, and I've started taking it out on others.[/quote']

Come over here and say that, punk! The run to Oregon will calm you down! :D