The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

What' date=' you don't like Latin Polka?[/quote']

Not particularly. But even if it was my favorite album being blasted out of those speakers at 50 decibels at random hours, I wouldn't appreciate it. We have all of our doors and windows closed, and can still hear it loud and clear most days.

MOTHER F******G SAFEWAY!

WHY did I get ANYTHING from their deli selection? I find mold on the croissant sandwich - from their "platinum selection". :mad:

Well that's a good reminder why this was the first time in at least a year, probably two, that I've gotten anything there.

MOTHER F******G SAFEWAY!

WHY did I get ANYTHING from their deli selection? I find mold on the croissant sandwich - from their "platinum selection". :mad:

Well that's a good reminder why this was the first time in at least a year, probably two, that I've gotten anything there.

Serves you right for getting us all in trouble on our first day at school! :tonguewav

Not particularly. But even if it was my favorite album being blasted out of those speakers at 50 decibels at random hours' date=' I wouldn't appreciate it. We have all of our doors and windows closed, and can still hear it loud and clear most days.[/quote']

I'd call the cops on them. Or at least warn them I would first. If they don't stop after my warning, I'll make good on my promise.

The thing about that is, Josh suspects they're drug dealers. They have all sorts of different cars showing up at randomly odd hours, then whoever's visiting blasts the car horn and they go out, chat for about 15 minutes, then the car drives off.

We've never seen any exchange of goods, and we have absolutely no proof, but I wouldn't approach them until after we've bought a shotgun.

They also outnumber us. By a LOT. And with Josh's current schedule, I'm left alone at the apartment five nights a week.

Hopefully we'll be able to move out relatively soon.

The thing about that is, Josh suspects they're drug dealers. They have all sorts of different cars showing up at randomly odd hours, then whoever's visiting blasts the car horn and they go out, chat for about 15 minutes, then the car drives off.

We've never seen any exchange of goods, and we have absolutely no proof, but I wouldn't approach them until after we've bought a shotgun.

Explosives.

They also outnumber us. By a LOT. And with Josh's current schedule, I'm left alone at the apartment five nights a week.

Hopefully we'll be able to move out relatively soon.

Hmm. Anoymous tip from a pay phone.

MOTHER F******G SAFEWAY!

Well, I think that particular Safeway is a lost cause.

Soooo. Does anyone have a guess as to why, when i try to uninstall Quicktime on my computer the uninstal wizard comes up, disappears a milisecond later and does nothing?

I'm considering Sledgehammer Surgery.

Because Quicktime (at least for Windows) is a virus as near as I can tell. The only application that I've ever come across outside of actual "intended as malware" that has given me more problems is Real Player. I refuse to install either on any of my personal systems, and so miss out on a number of movie previews that partner with Apple to provide a Quicktime only preview.

And these days as near as I can tell you can't even install Quicktime without also installing iTunes. Bleh.

Because Quicktime (at least for Windows) is a virus as near as I can tell. The only application that I've ever come across outside of actual "intended as malware" that has given me more problems is Real Player. I refuse to install either on any of my personal systems, and so miss out on a number of movie previews that partner with Apple to provide a Quicktime only preview.

And these days as near as I can tell you can't even install Quicktime without also installing iTunes. Bleh.

Ha! Where were you 2 months ago when I was saying the same thing, and everybody looked at me like I'd sprouted another head?

Quicktime's always behaved that way for me. I usually run the uninstall, then go in and delete the components from the Program Files.