The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Thanks. We may have to put her down' date=' but I hope that's not yet the case. She's still a young cat.[/quote']

I just took my cat to the vet. They're going to keep her for a blood test and IV, since she's anemic and dehydrated. Her kidney has also gotten larger. She is so skinny now; she was obese a couple of months ago. We still don't know what caused it. I'm preparing for the worst.

And a coworker is in the hospital. Nobody at work know why; her family aren't giving details and have requested privacy. She and I had our ups and downs, but she is a friend of mine, and I'm worried.

And my uncle just had surgery on his leg yesterday to clear some blockage. He had surgery on his other leg a few years ago. I have to see how he's doing.

Add financial problems to that, and you can understand I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed. I'm sorry if I've been a bit testy the past few days.

We just got our first actual emergency alert on the TV since moving up here.

It interrupts our lunch time watching of the Olympics on On Demand to inform us that there is a child abduction alert. In HUGE LETTERS in the middle of the screen.

And that's all it says.

No description of any abducted child. No description of an abductor. No description of a vehicle.

The ticker across the top just says Washington State, King County, and the date and time the alert is for.

Very useful.

Unless they meant we're to expect a rash of child abductions in the area during the alert period.

I just had to have my cat put down. She was just too sick.

For what it is worth, you have my sympathies. You clearly loved your pet, so she had that in her life, and I'd like to think that the movie was right and that love stays with us

*hugs*

If there is a kitty afterlife, hopefully she's frolicking with my dear Nefertiti, being adorable as f**k.

This bit of prose always makes me cry, but it may have been the only thing that kept me from doing something desperate when I lost Nefertiti. I hope it helps you now.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

If you are going to my work zone to ask me if laptops are ready, you need to know the names of the folks for whom those laptops are being assigned to for me to have any hope of giving you a useful answer.

Likewise, when you come downstairs later to tell me that a couple of folks have gotten locked out, again, we need to know the names of those folks in order to render useful assistance.

The truly scary part is that this guy had to not only interview for this position, but his being hired means that he beat out other candidates.

At least he isn't one of the dweebs who took less than 30 minutes to get locked out of his laptop because he somehow messed up typing "Password01".

::head desk::

I've had a hard time staying hydrated, too. Mainly from spending too much time outdoors in 100 F heat.

It didn't help when I refilled my migraine prescription Saturday and the pharmacist said "We're using a different type of generic now, but it's got the same active ingredient." No... not so much. Two days of raging migraines later, I had to go back to the pharmacy and return the stuff; it just wasn't working. I decided to switch back to the brand-name; no more generics. My insurance covers it, but at three times the co-pay.

I think this *&^%$#@ migraine might be getting better soon... and it's supposed to cool off a bit tomorrow.

Bleah.

We just got our first actual emergency alert on the TV since moving up here.

It interrupts our lunch time watching of the Olympics on On Demand to inform us that there is a child abduction alert. In HUGE LETTERS in the middle of the screen.

And that's all it says.

No description of any abducted child. No description of an abductor. No description of a vehicle.

The ticker across the top just says Washington State, King County, and the date and time the alert is for.

Very useful.

Unless they meant we're to expect a rash of child abductions in the area during the alert period.

I think I heard that one on the radio... some details were in the broadcast I remember.

Less a 'grouchy', more a 'worry'.

Someone I know online, her daughter was scheduled for a C-section next Friday. However, she visited her OBGYN today, and he had her admitted to the hospital immediately. Is there any possibility that this does NOT mean something has done wrong?

I can't think of any. Damn.

Less a 'grouchy', more a 'worry'.

Someone I know online, her daughter was scheduled for a C-section next Friday. However, she visited her OBGYN today, and he had her admitted to the hospital immediately. Is there any possibility that this does NOT mean something has done wrong?

Could "just" be her blood pressure is too high.

Oh, joy. Another morning sickness day and I've never been pregnant. Don't panic, I'm not pregnant now. This is my payment for all the sugar I ate over my vacation. I didn't have to, but I did. It didn't help that the museum right across the street had a Chocolate Fair the last night. At least I threw out half the fudge.