The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Jennifer's brother-in-law lost his struggle with cancer yesterday at 4:00. She's gone home to South Carolina to comfort her family. Please keep them in your thoughts.

Please pass on my condolences. AFAIK, I have never met (even online) either of them, but that doesn't lessen the sentiment.

Jennifer's brother-in-law lost his struggle with cancer yesterday at 4:00. She's gone home to South Carolina to comfort her family. Please keep them in your thoughts.

You and your family have my condolences.

If you have too many condolences already, you can exchange them for sympathy or supportive thoughts. (A small service charge may apply.)

I am still hacked off at the whole f*****g planet.

And I still have insomnia. It doesn't help that I've also come down with a rather persistent head-cold, but really, I was fairly well maxed out on free-floating rage even before that. I feel the need to find a bunch of stupid people and abuse them, but I doubt that would help. It's not healthy. I don't really know WTF I need. A stiff drink, maybe?

Got back from my festival on Monday, and was pumped up enough to do laundry, make a grocery run, and otherwise do some organizing around here.

Since Tuesday, I've been sick as a dog. I'm feeling better now, though, and I'm hoping to get to a show tonight.

Adding to this, I've just found out that a co-worker and friend passed away over the weekend.

I am still hacked off at the whole f*****g planet.

And I still have insomnia. It doesn't help that I've also come down with a rather persistent head-cold, but really, I was fairly well maxed out on free-floating rage even before that. I feel the need to find a bunch of stupid people and abuse them, but I doubt that would help. It's not healthy. I don't really know WTF I need. A stiff drink, maybe?

If my own extensive experience with (at times) dangerously severe insomnia is anything to go by, I'd say "sleep", no sarcasm intended. Honestly wish I knew what to suggest, but if you're anything like me, OTC sleep aids simply don't work. Heck, I'm resistant enough even to perscription narcotics that doctors and I agree that I'd simply be trading one serious medical problem for another.

Last time I was battling insomnia that severe, I quit my job and moved to another state. That fixed it.

Maybe you guys should go back to DnD. Then someone could cast a sleep spell on you guys.

Believe it or not, I'm cold. No fever, just checked, so I must be sunburned. All I did was cross a few parking lots today, well, yesterday and drive to local shopping centers. Time to break out the sunblock every single day.

My Husband is pushing and pushing himself way too hard, working out day after day on sore muscles, refusing to take the full rest days he needs and now has vowed to work out twice a day, six days a week. He's losing a pound and a half a week and not eating enough; only 1700 calories a day.

It's a horrible self-abuse which I am powerless to stop.

My Husband is pushing and pushing himself way too hard, working out day after day on sore muscles, refusing to take the full rest days he needs and now has vowed to work out twice a day, six days a week. He's losing a pound and a half a week and not eating enough; only 1700 calories a day.

It's a horrible self-abuse which I am powerless to stop.

When I was in the USAF's "Fatboy program", we were required to lose 2.5 pounds a week and eat only 1500 calories. Am I imagining just a hint of pride that he's sticking with it anyway? He should give whichever muscle group he exercises a day off between workouts, though, even if he doesn't take entire recovery days. Make sure he's getting enough vitamins and minerals.