The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

So the news of my engineer giving notice has reached upper levels where it has predictably ignited a s--tstorm of handwringing "what are we gonna do now?" At minimum a recent $5M contract award is at risk. It'd probably be a bad time for me to start in with the told-you-sos. But it's sooooo tempting.

Dear Person I Used To Be Online Friends With:

You do not put a smiley face on the end of any sentence that includes the phrase 'I'm going to a memorial service' and 'she died at a really young age'.

Just to argue the other side, it could be a sad smile. Or a mistype.

I've made hasty judgements on people in the past and regreted many of them.

I'm crazy-thirsty' date=' but I think I'm overloaded on fluid for the weekend and really need to watch it. I really hope I can start home dialysis, but household pets are points against ... but I can't get rid of them. They'll never get adopted as old as they are ...[/quote']

Why are they points against your being able to do that?

Why are they points against your being able to do that?

Sanitation issues, mostly. Peritonitis is very nasty, and very painful, so I'll need to keep my various bits of tubing and such as clean and sanitized as physically possible. Free-floating cat hair, tracking kitty litter, stuff like that could be an issue.

Sanitation issues' date=' mostly. Peritonitis is very nasty, and very painful, so I'll need to keep my various bits of tubing and such as clean and sanitized as physically possible. Free-floating cat hair, tracking kitty litter, stuff like that could be an issue.[/quote']

Given the tendency of cat hair to cling to clothing, etc, it sounds as if you'd practically have to set up a "clean room" at home for the purpose, which would not be easy.

Annoying kids (college age) on social media that can't understand how Newt Gingrich carried Super Tuesday in Georgia. Gee, I dunno, it was a Republican primary and he's from Georgia? Read a book!

And get off my lawn!

You weren't even old enough to vote in the last election.

*grumble*