The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Look into the yellow pages under "beekeepers". They're experts and always willing to acquire a healthy swarm.

Not here. Too many Africanized hives for anyone to take chances with a feral swarm. These will have to be destroyed. Too bad, they are Italian Caucasians (or at least they are until the hive re-queens). They're also behind a block wall, and closest hatch is 10 meters away.

As for the beekeeper thing' date=' I'd never have thought of THAT, but I'm from Arizona. Not a lotta beekeepers there. Worth a shot, I imagine.[/quote']

Dude, I WAS a beekeeper in Arizona. Started keeping bees at age 11, was 33 before I ever got stung.

As far as the bees go, one possible way to look at it: If your house being on fire were any of problems 1-4, number 5 would be resolved. :P

Seriously though, have you looked at getting a motel room for a while to have exterminators deal with them?

Back when I first got Number Two and Number Three Sons, it was necessary to impress on them that just because I was working at home did not mean that I wasn't working. There were ritual questions every time the tried to get my attention. "Is anything on fire?" Is there arterial bleeding?" "Is there someone with a badge at the door?" If all three were answered "No," I continued "Then it can wait, can't it? We can talk about it as soon as I finish [current project]."

I don't know which was worse, how often one or another question was answered "Yes," or the absolute glee they took when they could give me a yes answer.

Problem #2 is also hymenopterate-related, and has to be taken care of before #3 & #4 can be taken care of, and there is no pint in taking care of #5 until I have my ducks in a row for #6, which involves sealing up the openings so no other bees, wasps or hornets can get into the crawl space.

Back when I first got Number Two and Number Three Sons' date=' it was necessary to impress on them that just because I was working at home did not mean that I wasn't working. There were ritual questions every time the tried to get my attention. "Is anything on fire?" Is there arterial bleeding?" "Is there someone with a badge at the door?" If all three were answered "No," I continued "Then it can wait, can't it? We can talk about it as soon as I finish [current project']."

I don't know which was worse, how often one or another question was answered "Yes," or the absolute glee they took when they could give me a yes answer.

Problem #2 is also hymenopterate-related, and has to be taken care of before #3 & #4 can be taken care of, and there is no pint in taking care of #5 until I have my ducks in a row for #6, which involves sealing up the openings so no other bees, wasps or hornets can get into the crawl space.

:lol: That takes me back. My dad had three questions too. "Any blood? Any guts? Any broken bones?" Saying no got you "You're fine."

Took me several attempts to get onto the forums, directly or via google.

Eventually got on via google, the Hero Games page and then discussion boards.

SHEESH !

I've had that a couple times lately, but also have been having occasional DNS issues with my netbook, so haven't mentioned it.

I'm jaded, depressed and sleep deprived. I've lost the ability to sing, stand for any length of time, walk very far, ride a bike and more. I can't exercise or eat salad. They took our picture tonight at our anniversary dinner and all I see is my fat.

OddHat and my other loved ones are the only reason I even bother living.

In the last hour' date=' I have literally felt a cold developing. I've been sneezing my head out, and I can feel crud clogging my lungs.[/quote']

OddHat mixed some Kimchee with hot food downstairs. I am upstairs and my eyes are watering.

SatinKitty, send some to Collie. That will help both of you out.

The guy sitting on my right at the clinic today literally smelled like s**t. I'm hoping he just stepped in a pile and just failed to clean it off his boots, because the other possibility is too disgusting to contemplate. I had to wear one of those nose-and-face filter mask things all day just to try to filter out the horrid stank and not gag for four hours.

Ok, I get the message.

The Vikings are 0 and 3. Last night Dallas beat Washington. Also last night one of the main fuses blew as I was going to bed.

This morning I had to go the pretty way in as the Victoria line was crowded and then they were going to detrain at the station.

And I get the notification that I will not be a part of the new structure come April next year.

Fine you can stop messing me around now.

Just one of those weeks where I'm two seconds away from punching someone.

Damn near did just that yesterday. Some would-be gangbanger kept trying to give me attitude. Then he'd cower when I'd so much as look at him. I didn't even need to raise my hands. I realized he was just full of it. Idiot. He shouldn't start something if he can't finish it.

Mon: Leave message for nurse to schedule surgery

Tue: Late in the day, call, get to leave another message

Wed: Check again, they're not in, but I have receptionist leave a message

Thu: I'm in a slot canyon and miss the call back with two options for the surgery, that afternoon, I leave another message

Fri: Call in the morning, she's busy, I leave a message. no return, I call again, she's gone.

So I think I'm scheduled for knee surgeries Nov 3...

Damn near did just that yesterday. Some would-be gangbanger kept trying to give me attitude. Then he'd cower when I'd so much as look at him. I didn't even need to raise my hands. I realized he was just full of it. Idiot. He shouldn't start something if he can't finish it.

Man, I miss having some sort of violence as part of my regular routine.

Man' date=' I miss having some sort of violence as part of my regular routine.[/quote']

Pretty sure it's never been part of mine. I did have someone try to win an argument with me by physically intimidating me until he realized his eyes were only shoulder height on me. At which point he back up two feet. Though that was over 2 years back.

Pretty sure it's never been part of mine. I did have someone try to win an argument with me by physically intimidating me until he realized his eyes were only shoulder height on me. At which point he back up two feet. Though that was over 2 years back.

I envy you. I think it's because I'm short and used to be skinny (I've gained a few pounds in my old age) that some people think I'm a pushover. And since I'm a bit of a hothead (or haven't you noticed), I tend to push back.