The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Some of my income is supposed to be deposited in my bank tomorrow (I get payments from three different agencies, on different dates). According to my bank, there is no pending deposit. I called the number for the agency that pays me and I can't get through. "We are unable to complete your call at this time. Please try again later."

ETA: The penny dropped. The payment in question is due on the fourth wednesday of the month, not the third.

Poop. :(

I am sick to my stomach today on top of the cough and hoarseness. The hoarseness is better, but I still have to talk as little as possible and rest my voice for two hours in a stretch every day. OddHat's Sister, who is a Speech Therapist said talk as little as possible and cough through my nose. I have trouble doing that. Maybe there will be a miracle and I'll be better for Gen Con.

Grr. Have to delay my trip up to Portland. Stupid knees.

Sorry to hear that. Though it does make me wonder why you planning to travel to Portland on your knees in the first place. I mean, if they weren't shot before the trip started, they sure as heck would be by the time you got there... ;)

Sorry to hear that. Though it does make me wonder why you planning to travel to Portland on your knees in the first place. I mean' date=' if they weren't shot before the trip started, they sure as heck would be by the time you got there... ;)[/quote']

ha!

No, just have to sink money into knee treatment and won't be able to afford going to Portland. Possible minor surgery in the near future.

One engineer threatening to transfer out' date=' two managers shrieking for status updates, three sales reps wanting me to unruin their opportunities, four engineers dragging their assets... happy friday everyone.[/quote']

It's an unwritten rule... the odds of something, anything, going BOOM increase dramatically as you approach quitting time on Friday afternoon.

I'm sick off all my ailments' date=' from the cough and voice to the Lactose Intolerance to the sore knee. I can't even go up and down stairs normally anymore.[/quote']

I hope you're still wearing that knee-brace, SatinKitty. It should help a little. And just try not to do any stairs unless you really have to. Do you have stairs in your house?