The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I am frustrated and angry. I'm trying to complete a (very amicable and much agreed upon) civil union dissolution (i.e.' date=' divorce). Since we have nothing we disagree about, I'd like to use one of the low-cost online divorce services that we can fill out ourselves instead of being charged around $2500 for getting a lawyer to do it. Unfortunately, [b']NONE[/b] of the sites I have found (e.g., 3stepdivorce.com, legalzoom.com) offer help with civil unions. I'm checking on completecase.com, but I'm not holding my breath. Google searches and the like reveal nothing of any use.

It's rare that I feel my second class citizenship so strongly. Makes me angry, sad, and very cranky. :mad:

This is my very first post to the cranky thread.

I went through a similar process a few years ago. The (soon to be) ex-wife found out that the local women's center offered a seminar in "pro se" divorces, including instruction in how to write up the divorce decree, property settlements, how to file papers with the court, etc. It was very informative, and I was able to handle everything myself, even after the 'amicable' divorce turned a bit nasty. (I learned my lesson -- you can date a psycho, just don't marry her.)

I'd suggest looking for something like that in your area. Hope everything works out, and I also hope your dissolution remains amicable.

*Bonks back*

This is the cranky thread. Why would he post it in both the "Nice happy" and "Cranky" threads if he wanted only cheering?

Just to be thorough, I guess. Wouldn't want to leave out all the cranky people; that would be most unkind. They deserve to hear the good news.

Either that or to make the cranky people who are still job hunting even crankier. But Old Man wouldn't do something that mean, would he?

Oh, and uh... PLONK!

Just to be thorough, I guess. Wouldn't want to leave out all the cranky people; that would be most unkind. They deserve to hear the good news.

Either that or to make the cranky people who are still job hunting even crankier. But Old Man wouldn't do something that mean, would he?

Oh, and uh... PLONK!

I'll get you for that... :D

This is the cranky thread. Why would he post it in both the "Nice happy" and "Cranky" threads if he wanted only cheering?

The idea is that the "vacation" is over and now I will have to go back to work. It beats the hell out of losing the house, but still.

Interesting. Looks like there's a blanket prohibition on .MOV files on the campus fileserver. Time to do a bit of experimentation, to see if they actually inspect the file content, or just block files from having the .MOV suffix. The latter is easy to check; just create a flat-text file with 30,000 lines of "All hail Mordac, Preventer of Information Services!" and rename it to MORDAC.MOV and see if that triggers the sentinel script.

Now I know why we don't have anyone on campus who does any performing arts film stuff.

The idea is that the "vacation" is over and now I will have to go back to work. It beats the hell out of losing the house' date=' but still.[/quote']

Ah, that makes sense. My sympathies -- I always get out of shape when I'm not working, then get my butt kicked when I go back to work doing something physical.

No Daleks in Dr Who this year

I'm OK with this. I like the daleks, but they use them an awful lot (at least once or twice per season since the reboot, and frequently more). I'd like the writers to put them on the backburner for a couple of seasons, just so they're fresher when they do come back.

I hate the f***ing short autologoff this forum has. Someday I'll learn to compose in Notepad and copy-paste in. I cannot count the times I've had long thoughtful posts flushed with the window buffer because apparently I'm supposed to have the attention span of a gnat on Movit-11, or hit the "preview" button after every other word.

Click the "Keep me logged in" checkbox when you log in. Then you won't be auto logged-off. You have to specifically remember to log out when you're done' date=' though (assuming you ever log out).[/quote']

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38829[/ATTACH]

If this was my home machine, I'd do that, but not here at the office. Still, it's good to have someone with a clue remind me of that. Maybe I'll even remember it. As the attached messagebox implies, though, I doubt it.

Well, on the 9th it will be a solid month I've had this cough. I'm still coughing, still hoarse, it's a tiny bit better but not much. I cough my inhaler right back out again. I cough while breathing my Nebulizer. I cough while trying to sleep and waken OddHat. I wake up coughing at 2:00 am.

Really, I can't take this anymore. The Doctor has done all he can. Maybe if my Insurance Company approves the Nexium that will help. But somehow I doubt it.

I'm very down at this stage.