The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

This asthma is getting kinda old. It's been nearly two weeks and I'm still coughing my lungs out. Today I've been off the Prednisone for 24 hours and I've relapsed a bit. I'm tired and dizzy. Can't do much. I just hope I feel better by Tuesday so I can go to my friend's birthday dinner.

I miss so much outdoor activities because of my allergies. :(

My feet have been hurting for months. I think I ran afoul of both Achilles tendonitis and Planar Fascitis. I am back up to TWO over the counter(more or less) orthotic insoles in my new shoes. My feet have felt better, but... I still have the somewhat bruised feeling on my heels and sometimes the rest of the foot. I really should go back to the Podiatrist, but I need to finish paying off the bills from last time I was there...

And after the flood... pestilence!

Favorable weather combined with miles and miles of backwater across half the county have created a perfect breeding ground for bugs -- flies, mosquitoes, gnats, and what-not. There's billions of 'em, and they're *&^%$#@ hungry! Yesterday I doused myself with insect repellent everywhere except my face (is that even safe?) so then the little blighters swarmed my face. Flies in my ears, gnats crawling up my nose, and I missed a spot with the bug spray, which the mosquitoes located pretty much immediately. Gah!!!

I really enjoy field work, but it's gonna be a long summer here thanks to these *&^%$#@ bugs....

I've had plantar fasciitis now for... five years? But the cures are either a boot or surgery' date=' neither of which I have time for.[/quote']

I ahve had problems periodically with arch pain for years. But a while back I tried to cut down from THREE insoles to two (a nice steroid shot helped one foot, for 6 hours.) then I got a really tight feeling in my achilles tendons. I knew what that was, so I stretched them out. a few days later I started getting this odd pain in my heels, almost numb, weird. Over the course of two weeks it expanded, to the point where it included the whole sole of my foot, not the toes though. Then it dropped back overnight to just the heels. I got new shoes, tried just one insole. Now I still have that, kind of a bruised feel, and the rest of my soles get tender if I walk too much. Putting the second insole in helped a bit, but... At least my arches aren't usually hurting. Just the rest of the foot. :( It is hard to play with my 5 year old when I don't want to stand up. Or do housework to keep peace in the house. SALONPAS patches help a little bit...

AAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!

And after the flood... pestilence!

Favorable weather combined with miles and miles of backwater across half the county have created a perfect breeding ground for bugs -- flies, mosquitoes, gnats, and what-not. There's billions of 'em, and they're *&^%$#@ hungry! Yesterday I doused myself with insect repellent everywhere except my face (is that even safe?) so then the little blighters swarmed my face. Flies in my ears, gnats crawling up my nose, and I missed a spot with the bug spray, which the mosquitoes located pretty much immediately. Gah!!!

I really enjoy field work, but it's gonna be a long summer here thanks to these *&^%$#@ bugs....

I get plagued by bugs, too. This is why I love it when we get an occasional cold snap in the middle of Spring or Summer: it kills those miserable little blood-suckers by the millions.

Two cases of vehicular drama yesterday - the first as I was driving home from work, already well after dark.

I was overtaken by a motorbike. By a guy standing up on a motorbike. With no helmet. Or lights. And kicking out at pedestrians as he went. He nearly caused two accidents as I was watching, but because he was going so fast I couldn't follow him. Somewhere near here, I suspect, since the noise of his bike was unmistakable as it came back down the road past here.

And later, got word that Mum had been in a car accident, and sustained head injuries - a drunk driver had come over the hill and plowed into her scooter, then fled. She's reasonably okay, because unlike the person above she was actually wearing a helmet, but they kept her in Freo hospital overnight. Happily, the driver in question did leave some details - his bumper bar and licence plate, wrapped around the scooter.

Two cases of vehicular drama yesterday - the first as I was driving home from work, already well after dark.

I was overtaken by a motorbike. By a guy standing up on a motorbike. With no helmet. Or lights. And kicking out at pedestrians as he went. He nearly caused two accidents as I was watching, but because he was going so fast I couldn't follow him. Somewhere near here, I suspect, since the noise of his bike was unmistakable as it came back down the road past here.

And later, got word that Mum had been in a car accident, and sustained head injuries - a drunk driver had come over the hill and plowed into her scooter, then fled. She's reasonably okay, because unlike the person above she was actually wearing a helmet, but they kept her in Freo hospital overnight. Happily, the driver in question did leave some details - his bumper bar and licence plate, wrapped around the scooter.

I presume the law will be visiting him? as for the other one, wtf? part of me thinks someone should have thrown something at him. why would someone kick pedestrians? just to be a bastiche?

I presume the law will be visiting him? as for the other one' date=' wtf? part of me thinks someone should have thrown something at him. why would someone kick pedestrians? just to be a bastiche?[/quote']

I anticipate the driver will try and claim his car was stolen at them time. Alas, hit-and-run is a minor crime in Western Australia :/

and yes, the rider was just being an arsehole as far as I can tell

I anticipate the driver will try and claim his car was stolen at them time. Alas, hit-and-run is a minor crime in Western Australia :/

and yes, the rider was just being an arsehole as far as I can tell

Hit and run causing injury is a felony here. in the other WA. Washington state, that is.

It is hard to play with my 5 year old when I don't want to stand up.

This is probably the worst thing about foot pain. It's really not that bad... but it makes me want to get up less. And so I don't want to play with my kid as much, and I don't exercise as much, and I favor the one foot so it screws up the other foot and my back...

I get plagued by bugs' date=' too. This is why I love it when we get an occasional cold snap in the middle of Spring or Summer: it kills those miserable little blood-suckers by the millions.[/quote']

I think we're all out of cold-snaps here at this point. Today was really windy -- I had an echometer readout (we still use paper) ripped in half while it was printing, one half in my hand, the other half still coming out of the machine, the loose ends flapping in the wind like crazy. The good news was that the wind kept the bugs from swarming. But, like the light at the end of the tunnel which turns out to be an oncoming train... the wind turned out to be a major thunderstorm blowing into the area. I had to pack up my gear and head back to the office early.

AND ANOTHER THING!!!

I was at the store buying deodorant this evening, and right next to the $2.48 single, there was a two-pack of the exact same kind labelled "Buy two and save!" ...for $6.48!

How *&^%$#@ stupid do these jack-holes think I am, anyway?!

I think we're all out of cold-snaps here at this point. Today was really windy -- I had an echometer readout (we still use paper) ripped in half while it was printing, one half in my hand, the other half still coming out of the machine, the loose ends flapping in the wind like crazy. The good news was that the wind kept the bugs from swarming. But, like the light at the end of the tunnel which turns out to be an oncoming train... the wind turned out to be a major thunderstorm blowing into the area. I had to pack up my gear and head back to the office early.

AND ANOTHER THING!!!

I was at the store buying deodorant this evening, and right next to the $2.48 single, there was a two-pack of the exact same kind labelled "Buy two and save!" ...for $6.48!

How *&^%$#@ stupid do these jack-holes think I am, anyway?!

Could be a mislabel.