The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

My Asthma has been really bad for almost a week. I'm weak as a kitten and can barely creep around the house. Even sitting up is hard. My coughing is keeping OddHat up all night. I just want to lay down but as soon as I do I start coughing and He's napping. I want him to get some sleep. Maybe I could go down and lay on the couch.

I'm on plenty of meds including Prednisone. I hope it helps. I'm stupid tired because I cough all night. Am drinking lots of hot tea.

I hope this goes away soon. I'm sick as a dog.

My Asthma has been really bad for almost a week. I'm weak as a kitten and can barely creep around the house. Even sitting up is hard. My coughing is keeping OddHat up all night. I just want to lay down but as soon as I do I start coughing and He's napping. I want him to get some sleep. Maybe I could go down and lay on the couch.

I'm on plenty of meds including Prednisone. I hope it helps. I'm stupid tired because I cough all night. Am drinking lots of hot tea.

I hope this goes away soon. I'm sick as a dog.

You seem to have a whole mess of problems. :(

Yeah, to me it seems like the asthma, apnea, and whatever else are all kind of feeding each other such that it's preventing any of it from getting better. There has to be some way to break the cycle, though it might take something relatively drastic at this point.

I really need to stop being honest around my mother, but dammit, I am sick to f**king death of having to put up a stupid, banal facade every time I talk to her.

My brother spent years treating me like s**t, mostly mental abuse with a few bouts of physical. I've forgiven him to the degree that I am no longer actively wishing him ill. I can treat him civilly. After my mother passes on, and we wind up sharing a bunch of property, I will be civil, I will be fair. If I have to be in his presence, I will be calm, and I will be cordial.

Or, I will just sell my half of the stuff to anybody who will take it, and wash my hands of him and the rest of my family once and for all.

But he and I will never, EVER, be friends. And I'm not joining his online game guilds, because I have no desire to put him in a position where he can boss me around again. I'm not interested in being in a position where he can boss me around again.

I really need to stop being honest around my mother, but dammit, I am sick to f**king death of having to put up a stupid, banal facade every time I talk to her.

My brother spent years treating me like s**t, mostly mental abuse with a few bouts of physical. I've forgiven him to the degree that I am no longer actively wishing him ill. I can treat him civilly. After my mother passes on, and we wind up sharing a bunch of property, I will be civil, I will be fair. If I have to be in his presence, I will be calm, and I will be cordial.

Or, I will just sell my half of the stuff to anybody who will take it, and wash my hands of him and the rest of my family once and for all.

But he and I will never, EVER, be friends. And I'm not joining his online game guilds, because I have no desire to put him in a position where he can boss me around again. I'm not interested in being in a position where he can boss me around again.

I'm always hearing about people who give others grief for things like that. "Oh, how can you cut [family member] out of your life like that? He/She is your [title]!!" Don't pay them any attention. Toxic people are toxic regardless of who they are, and regardless of the quirks of fate beyond your control that have caused you to have common ancestors. If you would think nothing of cutting such a fellow out of your life were they a stranger, then there should be no special stigma for cutting them out even if they're family. In fact, thanks to all the other baggage that comes from family, keeping toxic relatives at arm's length is even more imperative.

In other words... good for you.

So my computer is dead. (I'm posting this from the office.) I've reincarnated it as a 'factory new' machine, with its original software and nothing else, which means starting over on installing all of MY software.

Excuse me, but hell no. If that's how it has to be, I'll do it with a new computer that doesn't suck, thank you very much.

Fortunately, all the Terracide files, Hero Designer files, Hero System material in general, everything for GenCon 2011, and a few other works in progress were backed up. (And my tax records, I think, but seriously, who gives $*!t about that junk?)

So anyway, if you don't hear from me for a couple of days, I'm shopping for a new computer and setting it up. I won't be around the office much -- too much field work tomorrow and Wednesday.

Help ! I can't cut my toenails without destroying them, nor the fingernails on my right hand. This happens no matter what implements I use, even special long scissors !

I just have to depend on the professionals at the Salon ! From now on manicures and pedicures only !

I probably shouldn't go into too much detail' date=' but my friend Jeff's life is going completely crazy. It's gotten to a point where I can't see how any one person can handle it, and I really wish I could help, but there's nothing I can do outside of emotional support.[/quote']

Sympathy to your friend Jeff.

I probably shouldn't go into too much detail' date=' but my friend Jeff's life is going completely crazy. It's gotten to a point where I can't see how any one person can handle it, and I really wish I could help, but there's nothing I can do outside of emotional support.[/quote']

Don't underestimate the importance of emotional support.

I'm always hearing about people who give others grief for things like that. "Oh' date=' how can you cut [family member'] out of your life like that? He/She is your [title]!!" Don't pay them any attention. Toxic people are toxic regardless of who they are, and regardless of the quirks of fate beyond your control that have caused you to have common ancestors. If you would think nothing of cutting such a fellow out of your life were they a stranger, then there should be no special stigma for cutting them out even if they're family. In fact, thanks to all the other baggage that comes from family, keeping toxic relatives at arm's length is even more imperative.

In other words... good for you.

They say we can't choose our family. Well, we can at least choose which ones we associate with.

I am thinking about making up some jewelry lapel type pins or something. They will be engraves with something along the lines of "Chosen Family" or "I say we CAN choose our family." possibly in Gaelic or Latin. Is that too damned weird? I have at least three candidates. One "I wish he was my uncle." and a young couple who are like family to us.

Sadly I rarely speak to my brother, but I have nothing against him. We just don't manage to interact.

This asthma is getting kinda old. It's been nearly two weeks and I'm still coughing my lungs out. Today I've been off the Prednisone for 24 hours and I've relapsed a bit. I'm tired and dizzy. Can't do much. I just hope I feel better by Tuesday so I can go to my friend's birthday dinner.