The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I have to admit to being a Top Shot fan as well.

I think the History Channel was showing Dogfights the other day in the morning. The West Coast schedule on Wednesday includes Weird Weapons: The Axis and Weird Warfare at night, Ancients Behaving Badly during the day.

OCR would be just too handy a thing to have' date=' so of course it isn't installed. And we have already established that Nothing New Is Allowed To Be Installed.[/quote']

Ah, the draconian IT security measures of an IT department that either can't, or is to lazy to, provide real security. "Don't let them do or install anything" isn't really a valid IT security strategy.

How about both at once: an "Ancient Astronauts" reality show! Buzz Aldrin can host....

Ouch!

On an unrelated note ... I feel an overwhelming desire to break something. I have no idea why, but I have just felt incredibly angry and pissy all day long, and really want to engage in some Hulk Smash.

Called at 2:30AM because of a production issue. I joined the conference call to find that the problem is being worked and there is nothing I can do to help. But I am with the vendor and we need a representative on the call so I'm just listening and waiting...and writing here to complain.

Something was f'd up with my blood flow today ... dunno if it was needles out of place or what, but my machine wouldn't run very long without getting an error message, and there wasn't enough blood flow to get a good cleaning. So, they tried to rejigger the needle a few times during the course of the morning (ow ow OW ow), then eventually I was given the option of getting re-stuck, or coming back tomorrow to make up for the two hours or so I didn't get today. My access area hurt so much, I opted for going back tomorrow.

So, yeah. Arm, pain, doing it all again ...

Blech. Have you considered peritoneal dialysis?

If that's what I think it is, I'm not sure I could deal with having two tubes sticking out of a hole in my chest. Just ... creeps me out. Not in the 'ew, spider' kind of creeps me out, but in the full fledged 'jump on a chair, point, scream, and shriek OMFG IT'S A SPIDER IT'S GONNA KILL ME' kind of creeps me out.

And really, this is the first time I've had a problem like this ... it's been pretty smooth for the last few months. It was just ... today.

Something was f'd up with my blood flow today ... dunno if it was needles out of place or what, but my machine wouldn't run very long without getting an error message, and there wasn't enough blood flow to get a good cleaning. So, they tried to rejigger the needle a few times during the course of the morning (ow ow OW ow), then eventually I was given the option of getting re-stuck, or coming back tomorrow to make up for the two hours or so I didn't get today. My access area hurt so much, I opted for going back tomorrow.

So, yeah. Arm, pain, doing it all again ...

I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. It puts my petty complaints into perspective. I hope all goes well tomorrow.

If that's what I think it is, I'm not sure I could deal with having two tubes sticking out of a hole in my chest. Just ... creeps me out. Not in the 'ew, spider' kind of creeps me out, but in the full fledged 'jump on a chair, point, scream, and shriek OMFG IT'S A SPIDER IT'S GONNA KILL ME' kind of creeps me out.

And really, this is the first time I've had a problem like this ... it's been pretty smooth for the last few months. It was just ... today.

I think the word you're looking for there is "horror". ^^

But yeah, it's not for everyone, though over here it's recommended for younger people and those with an active lifestyle. I heard of a patient that was very outdoorsy -- hunting, trekking and so forth -- that had this setup. He lived to die of old age, twenty years (i think) after the installing procedure.

I think the word you're looking for there is "horror". ^^

But yeah, it's not for everyone, though over here it's recommended for younger people and those with an active lifestyle. I heard of a patient that was very outdoorsy -- hunting, trekking and so forth -- that had this setup. He lived to die of old age, twenty years (i think) after the installing procedure.

Yeah, that's the word!

Younger person with active lifestyle is definitely not me. :)