The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I've been having sleeping problems. I thought I got past them last week but they are back. I got to sleep at 5AM and was paged at 6 and again around 7. I was lucky to start work from home at 11AM and not have emails asking where I was.

Added: That's the first, and I hope last time I've started work so late at this employer.

My car is misbehaving again, with an electrical fault, so it's at the dealer getting fixed. The rental car agent asked me "Aveo" or "Yaris", and I said, "whichever one will fit me better". I really don't want to see the inside of an Aveo if a Yaris is bigger. Seat is all the way back and the tilt on the steering is all the way up. I still bump my knee on the steering wheel occasionally when braking.

JoeG

My car is misbehaving again' date=' with an electrical fault, so it's at the dealer getting fixed. The rental car agent asked me "Aveo" or "Yaris", and I said, "whichever one will fit me better". I really don't want to see the inside of an Aveo if a Yaris is bigger. Seat is all the way back and the tilt on the steering is all the way up. I still bump my knee on the steering wheel occasionally when braking.[/quote']

Might try kayak.com to see if there are better rental options in your area. I rented a midsize from Enterprise in NO for $30/day last week, after all the addon fees, and that midsize was a Town & Country minivan because they had a surplus of minivans that day.

That was a damn nice van too, BTW. I've never understood the psych lim people have about owning a minivan. The way I see it, if it's not going to corner, it might as well be a land yacht.

Might try kayak.com to see if there are better rental options in your area. I rented a midsize from Enterprise in NO for $30/day last week, after all the addon fees, and that midsize was a Town & Country minivan because they had a surplus of minivans that day.

That was a damn nice van too, BTW. I've never understood the psych lim people have about owning a minivan. The way I see it, if it's not going to corner, it might as well be a land yacht.

I usually rent from Enterprise, but the dealership had apparently recently switched to Hertz. The Yaris isn't a bad car, and I do actually fit in it*. It drives much smoother than the Hyundai Sonata that Enterprise provided as part of the insurance coverage, though that was a much roomier car. Most likely, though, I get my Malibu back tomorrow morning, with my bank account about a $1000 lighter.

JoeG

*I'd probably bruise my knee on the steering wheel if I had to brake really fast, though.

I need to move again. My land lord sent me an e-mail giving me until the end of March to find alternate lodgings. The only reason cited was that "the current living situation is no longer acceptable." That could mean anything. And, considering the fact that no one ever really complained to me about anything I was doing or not doing, and the fact that this was delivered to me via e-mail, I'm not optimistic about getting an honest or straight answer about what may have sparked this.

This will be the 3rd time in 8 months I've had to move.

I need to move again. My land lord sent me an e-mail giving me until the end of March to find alternate lodgings. The only reason cited was that "the current living situation is no longer acceptable." That could mean anything. And, considering the fact that no one ever really complained to me about anything I was doing or not doing, and the fact that this was delivered to me via e-mail, I'm not optimistic about getting an honest or straight answer about what may have sparked this.

This will be the 3rd time in 8 months I've had to move.

By any chance, have you offended any mob bosses or corrupt politicians?