The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Ouch. Hope your knee is OK.

Limped around the shop all day yesterday -- a couple of times the knee almost gave out when I was moving something heavy. The pain's not too bad, but I need that knee functional so I can keep working. Slapped an old knee brace on it before work this morning, put on some different work boots, and it's feeling much stronger. Self-medicating after work with Alleve and Bacardi also helps!

My bed makes me ache all over and I couldn't sleep in our inflatable bed so last night I got little sleep. I finally went up to the real bed and just a few hours there started the aches. Ow. Also I just read an article about the huge number of scams there are in mattress sales and how it's impossible not to get cheated.

I think I will have to get used to the inflatable bed.

Yes, I've found that the supermarket is the place where you need to make your EGO roll. If there are no Twinkies in your house you won't eat them. And never go to the supermarket hungry.

My weakness is lunch. Usually I must eat out because of work, and for some reason I am always fearful of ordering too little. And if I'm having to eat lunch late and I'm really hungry, it's all over.

One of the hazards of renting a room and not being the owner of everything in it is what ignorance can cost you. I was spraying some WD-40 on my chair to fix some squeaking, and got some on one of the curtains. So, I pulled it down and put it in the wash. Turns out it was dry-clean only. It now no longer matches the other 3 formerly identical curtains in the room in size, shape or texture. They all need to be replaced now. These curtains are really expensive. It's coming out of my security deposit. As in, the entire deposit.

~sigh~

I find Christmas shopping so depressing. This may be the season for giving, but it's also the season where I'm financially strapped. I'd like to give my family and friends something nice, but I need to find something within my budget, which isn't much this year.

I find Christmas shopping so depressing. This may be the season for giving' date=' but it's also the season where I'm financially strapped. I'd like to give my family and friends something nice, but I need to find something within my budget, which isn't much this year.[/quote']

I recommend just sending cards and writing a personalized note in each. The thought, as they say, is what counts.

I recommend just sending cards and writing a personalized note in each. The thought' date=' as they say, is what counts.[/quote']

I've considered that. Problem is, I'm not exactly good at writing stuff on cards. I never know what to write.

I can go the gift card route, but I find that too impersonal. Still, I just talked to one of my sisters, so I have a couple of ideas.

Edit: But thanks for helping out, and repped.

I can't sleep in my own bed. I wake up with my back throbbing with pain. Today either we buy a foam pad or I sleep on the inflatable bed. This has been going on since the mattress was turned two weeks ago. I can't take it anymore.

I sleep on a foam pad on a mattress and boxspring. Feels nice and supportive for my back.