The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Kids get hurt. After the second kid' date=' the pediatrician flat out told me to familiarize myself with local emergency rooms so that I'd know where to take the kids, park the car, and so on. The trick is to minimize the property damage and injury to others, I guess.[/quote']

I will say this: show up at a HMO's triage desk on a Friday night with a two-year-old running a 103F fever and you'll be treated like a civilian in a military hospital. An enemy civilian.

So, Sunday I went to the grocery store. I had just finished backing out of my parking spot, and put the car into drive, when the GMC Yukon decided that it could share the same physical space that my car was currently occupying. Thankfully, it's some rear side quarter damage (on both cars--I'm pretty sure that she never looked back or used her mirrors), and no one was hurt. The driver of the other car jumps out, and she immediately blames me for backing out too far, and threatens to take pictures. Luckily, a bystander walked over and told me that she had seen the entire thing, that it wasn't my fault, and gave me her contact information for my insurance. While I was filing my claim, the other driver was busy yelling at someone over the phone about her insurance. Turns out, she didn't have the current insurance card in the vehicle, so I took the old information.

JoeG

Ah, I love forums. My new favorite kind of forum thread ...

Poster A puts out a theory or idea, and says he wants people's opinions of it.

Poster B offers his opinion, in which he disagrees with Poster A.

Poster A responds with, essentially, "Well, F**K OFF, who asked you?!"

Uh, dude, YOU DID. If you're such a baby you can't deal with the fact that people don't agree with every word you say and get butthurt because people actually say it, don't ask what people think.

I can use a break from cake, other stuff that makes me gain weight. I really don't think it's a big deal, and I wish others wouldn't either.

The way I usually celebrate is just staying home, ignoring the rest of the world, and eating pizza.

Ah, well, congratulations on making it through another year and happy pizza eating. :)

I don't like the extended Daylight Savings Time we've had for five years. It makes things freaky in the Fall when the Sundials are saying it's an hour earlier than the clocks say. Also I don't think it actually does anything to save energy. It also drags out Summer. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready for Autumn.

I guess I'm just generally cranky today. I just found out I have Tendinitis on my left Achilles. Also my right hip is inflamed and I have to lean on it. This has been going on for more than a month. At least now I have remedial exercises to do every day and will go three times a week for a while for therapy. I hope it fixes it. It hurts.

I don't like the extended Daylight Savings Time we've had for five years. It makes things freaky in the Fall when the Sundials are saying it's an hour earlier than the clocks say. Also I don't think it actually does anything to save energy. It also drags out Summer. I don't know about the rest of you' date=' but I'm ready for Autumn.[/quote']

I too am ready for temps to go back down below 90. Also I'll see your dislike of DST and raise you a burning hatred and contempt for it. Here in one of the two states that doesn't observe that ridiculous practice, let me just say that it's incredibly inconvenient and disruptive any time we have to communicate with anyone on the mainland. Which is all the time.