The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I'm depresed, a job I wanted they decided to go with someone else. This has helped to feed my "i'm a failure" doubts, to the point of I am feeling like a failure over everything (My son does not do his chores so I am a failure as a dad, I get mad at my wife for trying to cheer me up so I am a failure as a husband, etc...). I know intlegently that it is not true but on the level of the heart I just can't shake the feeling of failure.

I'm depresed' date=' a job I wanted they decided to go with someone else. This has helped to feed my "i'm a failure" doubts, to the point of I am feeling like a failure over everything (My son does not do his chores so I am a failure as a dad, I get mad at my wife for trying to cheer me up so I am a failure as a husband, etc...). I know intlegently that it is not true but on the level of the heart I just can't shake the feeling of failure.[/quote']

I know those feelings all too well. You have my empathy.

I have about ten mosquito bites all over the backs of my thighs. They itch. I have no idea how I got them. I first noticed them in a restaurant last night when I was wearing a dress. I have not been outdoors except to get in and out of the car. I'm supposed to swim tomorrow. I'll have to put sunblock on. Bleah.

So as I posted earlier, my car is missing a critical suspension bolt, and I am immobilized until I can get a replacement.

Auto parts store #1:

"Hi, yeah, my car is missing the rear upper control arm bolt on the suspension, it's a 1995..."

"Sorry, I can't help you with a vague description like that. I need to see an actual example of the part you're trying to replace."

"The one that I just said was missing?"

Auto parts store #2 was more helpful but at least knew they didn't have it in stock, and referred me to the dealer.

Dealer #1 doesn't have the part but can order it on Monday. If I prepay. And it'll take a week to arrive. And they assure me they're the only place on island that I can get it.

Dealer #2 doesn't have the part but can order it on Monday. If I prepay half as much. And it'll take three days to arrive. Hooray.

She get paid' date=' but the overtime laws in Missouri apparently only kick in at over 40 hours a week, not over 8 hours a day. If you work your 40 hours in 4 10-hour days, you get no OT.[/quote']

I believe the federal daily limit after which you are working overtime is 12 hours.

There's a new cashier at my neighborhood convenience store who is extremely rude to me, and insists that my 52 oz cup refills should be charged as a 53 oz and larger, even when told by other employees that she's wrong (she won't scan the barcode on the cup either, which would bring up the correct price). I was literally shaking from her treatment, while one of her coworkers rang me up correctly (and apologized many times, even though it really wasn't her fault). I went online to the store's corporate site and filed a complaint, which I hope will target the correct person, as the rest of the staff is very friendly, and the troublesome one wasn't wearing a name tag.

JoeG

Why is it some students keep making the same mistake after I've explained it a dozen times? I'm running out of ways to explain it!

Add literally painful consequences, or perhaps lethal ones. Then the rest will learn. In the immortal words of Willy Wonka: [unenthusiastically] "Stop. Don't. Come back."

Add literally painful consequences' date=' or perhaps lethal ones. Then the rest will learn. In the immortal words of Willy Wonka: [unenthusiastically'] "Stop. Don't. Come back."

Either that, or just let them fail.

Why did I fall asleep watching a show I've been wanting to watch, only to wake up a couple of hours later and can't go back to sleep? It's why I'm posting here at this time (5:43 PST). And I'm plenty cranky when I can't sleep.

I've decided, that any Township/City/Town/Village/ what have you, that set's up Photo Enforced Intersections, should be Nuked From Orbit. Especially when they are willing to spend all my tax money on setting those up, yet, can't be bothered to clean out the Crackhouse, a block away.

~Rex....cranky.....as usualy but today, and extra $100.00 crankier

I've decided' date=' that any Township/City/Town/Village/ what have you, that set's up Photo Enforced Intersections, should be Nuked From Orbit. Especially when they are willing to spend all my tax money on setting those up, yet, can't be bothered to clean out the Crackhouse, a block away.[/quote']

Silly man, photo tickets generate revenue. Cleaning out crack houses costs money. Do the math.

Of course I wish I were being facetious about the revenue-generation aspects of those devices. But when they did a trial run of speed limit cameras here, they set up all the cameras on perfectly safe stretches of straight road where there have been no accidents, yet the speed limits are already artificially low. School zones and notoriously dangerous intersections got nothing. They didn't even try to pretend it was anything other than a cash cow.