The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Having an asthmatic cough sux. It never goes completely away. Since I have a cold it will probably be bad for several months after. I can't even lie down.

If you have any home remedies, I'm all ears.

If asthmatic coughs are anything like regular coughs, a couple of tablespoons of honey have been shown to help. It seems to work on me, even though I can't stand the taste. It's no miracle cure though.

If asthmatic coughs are anything like regular coughs' date=' a couple of tablespoons of honey have been shown to help. It seems to work on me, even though I can't stand the taste. It's no miracle cure though.[/quote']

I recommend using the honey to sweeten some hot tea ... if you like hot tea. My wife's found some French Vanilla flavored tea that honey mixes with to create a very soothing, mellow flavor.

My wife is at her grandfather's funeral today. The trip, as well as the ceremony (Catholic wedding ... lots of stand-sit-kneel-sit-kneel-stand) would have been very hard on me, so I couldn't go.

I feel terrible about it.

I should be there. I should be there to hold her and give her the emotional support I'm supposed to, but my body won't let me. I feel so incredibly, horribly useless.

My wife is at her grandfather's funeral today. The trip, as well as the ceremony (Catholic wedding ... lots of stand-sit-kneel-sit-kneel-stand) would have been very hard on me, so I couldn't go.

I feel terrible about it.

I should be there. I should be there to hold her and give her the emotional support I'm supposed to, but my body won't let me. I feel so incredibly, horribly useless.

Useless is when you are able to go, yet you selfishly decide not to, anyway. Yes, the timing stinks, but you are not useless, nor a horrid person, because you are sick and cannot travel.

It is not right, or fair, to hold it against a person for not doing a thing they are unable to do.

My wife is at her grandfather's funeral today. The trip' date=' as well as the ceremony (Catholic wedding ... lots of stand-sit-kneel-sit-kneel-stand) would have been very hard on me, so I couldn't go.[/quote']

Like Klytus says, you shouldn't feel useless about it. You're sick.

Just as an FYI, though, if you're at a Catholic ceremony and you don't want to do the stand-sit-kneel dance, you really don't have to. My grandfather was probably the most devout Catholic I've ever met. He went to church every single day. But towards the end of his life, his knees and back couldn't take all the kneeling and standing. He still attended mass, but he did it sitting down. I seriously doubt that anyone cared that much -- and if they did, f' em. f' em right in the ear.