The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

*sigh*

I can't sleep. After a few hours of trying, I get up and decide, pretty randomly, to brush my teeth because I have a nasty taste in my mouth.

Shortly after I start brushing, I start vomiting violently. I'm just glad I was near a sink, as there was no warning; I felt no nausea or anything in my stomach. I just had to cough, and all hell broke loose.

Guest Worldmaker

The pretty foreign girl who is barely out of her teens and paying for her visit to the theme park with her millionaire father's money needs to learn to see human beings as having inherent value rather than thinking that anyone who actually works for a living is beneath her.

And to the pack of French teenagers who've been standing in line in front of me, badmouthing the Americans around them the whole time, I have this to say: "Je peux comprendre chaque mot méchant que vous aviez dit pour les dernières cinq minutes."

*sigh*

I can't sleep. After a few hours of trying, I get up and decide, pretty randomly, to brush my teeth because I have a nasty taste in my mouth.

Shortly after I start brushing, I start vomiting violently. I'm just glad I was near a sink, as there was no warning; I felt no nausea or anything in my stomach. I just had to cough, and all hell broke loose.

Go see a doctor, as fast as you can. That could be serious.

I really don't see what business it was of hers if we are asking why the data should be deleted and requesting an explanation of why the deadline when it was pointed out it had no effect elsewhere.

And now everyone has to pass a test on data awareness and security from the Cabinet Office. Another Meaningless Management M**********n Exercise.

Completed with 90% on my assessment.

Guest Worldmaker

So she says "Look through the box on the counter and see what it is, and decide what to do with it." So I looked through the box, saw that it was stuff that, had I unpacked the box, would have sat unused in the junk drawer for years. So I closed the box up and said "It can go back in storage..."

And she immediately gets all pissed because I didn't empty the box into the junk drawer. She goes so far as to accuse me of brushing the job off. This is the same woman who asked me to "streamline" her kitchen stuff because it was too "cluttered".

If she just wanted me to dump the damn thing into her junk drawer, she should have asked me that instead of asking me to use my own judgment.

Guest Worldmaker

Thank you for the private message telling me that Hero Games Discussion Board Member X has done this great thing on his own website that I am now effectively duplicating with my own Massive Gaming Project.

I appreciate you are a fan of Hero Games Discussion Board Member X's work. I also appreciate that you've decided that his efforts are the end all be all for what I am doing. And in fact, I applaud Hero Games Discussion Board Member X for all the hard work he's put into his site, and think efforts like his are a good thing that should be supported.

The problem is, I'm not as much of a fan of his work as you are. I don't particularly agree with some of the ways he did things, I find some of his presentation to be confusing, and on top of it all, his efforts aren't quite as comprehensive as mine will be.

So do me a favor and stop telling me that Hero Games Discussion Board Member X did it first and that I'm just wasting my time because nothing I do will be as good as what he did.

Mmkay?

... You've seen a doctor' date=' I hope?[/quote']

No. It doesn't seem to be a problem, just weird. I started an antidepressant about the time the appetite loss started, so I'm figuring it's just a side effect. I figure if it gets too severe, the nurses at the clinic will say something, since I have to weigh in and out at every dialysis session.

Guest Worldmaker

Speaking of throwing up, I spent all last night engaging in that activity. And now every joint in my body aches, I can't seem to get warm, and I'm running a fever.

Lovely.

Well' date=' you might want to mention it to them next time. I'm thinking of the unprovoked barfing last week, too. You know, your guts have as many neurons as your brain -- the alimentary tract can have nervous breakdowns.[/quote']

I have; I mentioned the unprovoked regurgitation as well, the day after it happened.

Well CC, with your history it's more critical to keep on top of things.

WM, sorry about the apparent flu. My wife went thru a week of hell, but as a side effect of being looked at by the doctor, her blood test came back with an apparent problem with her parathyroid. We have a surgery consult in October.