Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

to protect a castle with magnetism

1) you charge a lot of rocks and bury them about 50 or 100 yards from the castle wall. and you make sure they have a very strong charge.

2) you fire and explode missiles into the invading army to charge them either "North" or "South".

If the stones have been charged to "North" well then the invading army (metal gets charged) and the buried stones are like two magnets coming into contact with each other -- like repels like. the invading army is stopped in its tracks ... horses fall over and knights get knocked back due to the magnetic field (great visuals). the only way through this is to rid yourself of all metal -- armour, swords, daggers, crossbows, and even arrow heads. in other words, they become sitting ducks.

If the invading army is charged with "South" well then they are attracted to the stones and the horses crash to earth -- the two forces attract each other. The knight either gets flinged from the horse and if wearing armour (95% chance) gets pinned to the earth and is effectively paralysed by the magetic force. or more likely the horse just collapses and the knights leg in the stirrup gets pinned between the weight of the horse and the magnetic attraction (plus the metal armour on the leg). Either way they are taken out.

rocks also metal ore that has a strong magnetic force associated with it.

you have an invisible wall that is hard to breach.

and all by natural means.

and if the two magnets attract, well the invading force creates its own wall for you. the other foot soldiers have to "get over" their fellow soldiers to breach the magnetic wall of force.

My German conversation skills are just about gone. I have some reading skill left, and I recently found my copy of the Fraktur script that I was going to practice again and use to make gaming props.

As someone who once had a net mail address that was specified as {seismo, ihnp4, __?__}!ut-sally!ut-astro!jeff, (and I'm sorry I can't remember what the third major hub site was, hence the non-literal "__?__" representing the third of the three major routing stations that seemed to be the common trunk in many of the old "bang path" mail specifications), the commercial sector was limited to one major player, and that was Bell Labs. All the others were governmental or educational. Claiming the private sector started the internet is on par with claiming the Germans started WW2 by bombing Pearl Harbor.

As someone who once had a net mail address that was specified as {seismo' date=' ihnp4, __?__}!ut-sally!ut-astro!jeff, (and I'm sorry I can't remember what the third major hub site was, hence the non-literal "__?__" representing the third of the three major routing stations that seemed to be the common trunk in many of the old "bang path" mail specifications), the commercial sector was limited to [i']one[/i] major player, and that was Bell Labs. All the others were governmental or educational. Claiming the private sector started the internet is on par with claiming the Germans started WW2 by bombing Pearl Harbor.

"Germans?"

"Forget it. He's on a Roll."

And I won't be doing Diablo 3. Not when your characters exist only on the servers, you can't game privately (and by that I mean purely over a LAN without connection to anything other than 50/60 Hz power) and the loot drops are concocted so your character can't use what got dropped and you have to go get ripped off in the on-line bazaar to trade for what you can use. Nuh-uh.

And I won't be doing Diablo 3. Not when your characters exist only on the servers' date=' you can't game privately (and by that I mean purely over a LAN without connection to anything other than 50/60 Hz power) and the loot drops are concocted so your character can't use what got dropped and you have to go get ripped off in the on-line bazaar to trade for what you can use. Nuh-uh.[/quote']

Gee, you make it sound like they modeled it after WoW. :snicker:

You need one of them thar smarty phones so that you can keep posting even when you is on the road. Oh wait... you no like smarty phones, or phones in general. You need a set of Google Glasses. Yes, that would be the ticket.