Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

She got an A out of my Mathematical Methods for Physicists course last fall. How's your Fourier series solutions of partial differential equations? :eg:

Not good. Too holographic for me.

ah...good choice of the word "holographic" then. :)

So, Cancer, how true is this?

http://what-if.xkcd.com/1/

And for extra credit, anyone want to build the power?

Could well be right, though baseballs are composed mostly of light elements that they could be transparent enough to the gamma rays that they don't completely vaporize in that 60 feet 6 inches of travel in the ballpark frame. This is a quibble on my part; everything else looks good.

I note he doesn't say where the pitcher got the million megatons of TNT energy equivalent to give the baseball that initial velocity, which might be instructive in and of itself, not to mention the recoil velocity of the pitcher (and to be generous, the pitcher's mound) in launching something with that much momentum.

In other notes, my daughter is caring for the dog of the people across the street while they are on the road. When she puts the dog on a leash and brings her over here, our cats get rather upset, even though they are friends with the dog.