Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I did an on-line course once. I wasn't too keen on it, and not entirely due to the on-line medium itself, though that was part of it. The libraries at the remote sites were pretty much non-existent. I sent students out to do a small library research paper, minimum of three sources. A big chunk of papers had one source as the class textbook and another as the class lecture notes. I compared that to commission of incest, in a story I've related on these boards before.

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

From a long time, about a decade ago:

A Marriage Company

You often hear a spouse called a 'partner' because marriage is a 'partnership'. I'm entertaining the idea that when I get married to form a company 'B G & ? ? Clarke Pty Ltd'. Then I can call my 'partner' a 'shareholder' and the other benefit is that of limited liability. Sort of similar to a prenuptial agreement, the shareholder brings to the company the assets they want, and the others remain in their own name. A divorce would dissolve the company. Problem foreseen: the company is forced into liquidation but the marriage continues.

Origin of idea: lecture on Capital Gains Tax.