Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I'm cleaning up my hard drive a bit, and came across a file named RPMiller:

BRITTANY (4) had an earache and wanted a pain-killer. She tried in vain to take the lid off the bottle. Seeing her frustration, her Mom explained it was a childproof cap and she'd have to open it for her. Eyes wide with wonder, the little girl asked: "How does it know it's me?"

JAMES (4) was listening to a Bible story. His dad read: "The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city but his wife looked back and was turned to salt." Concerned, James asked: "What happened to the flea?"

---

And for the big finish:

I came in to work early the other day and began hanging upside down from the ceiling. Just then one of my co-workers (she's a blonde... it'll be important later ) came in and asked me what I was doing.

"Shhh", I said, "I'm a light bulb -- I'm acting crazy to get a few days off, as there is an out of town wedding I need to go to until Tuesday." a minute later the Boss walked by and asked me what I was doing. "I'm a light bulb!" I exclaimed.

"You're going crazy," He said. "Take a few days off, and come back when you are de-stressed."

With that I jumped down and started walking out. My (blonde) co-worker started following me and the Boss asked where she was going.

"I can't work in the dark," she said.

Good luck!

Thanks! I'm actually getting a surprising number of responses. More than I thought I would based on all the doom and gloom expressed by my unemployed IT friends. Perhaps I have a better skillset, or I'm trying harder? I don't know. Right now I'm really interested in a technical training job at Epic in Wisconsin. I've never worked in the medical field, but apparently Epic makes some really awesome medical software that is widely used here in the States. Their campus and company philosophy are awesome as well. The only downsides are that I would have to move to Wisconsin, and most likely I would have to leave my family behind before a year or two because my kids are graduating this school year and next.

Thanks! I'm actually getting a surprising number of responses. More than I thought I would based on all the doom and gloom expressed by my unemployed IT friends. Perhaps I have a better skillset' date=' or I'm trying harder? I don't know. Right now I'm really interested in a technical training job at Epic in Wisconsin. I've never worked in the medical field, but apparently Epic makes some really awesome medical software that is widely used here in the States. Their campus and company philosophy are awesome as well. The only downsides are that I would have to move to Wisconsin, and most likely I would have to leave my family behind before a year or two because my kids are graduating this school year and next.[/quote']

I haven't heard of anything in the Sacramento area, but all of a sudden my resume must of been unearthed somewhere and people have been sending me emails about QA positions in the Portland area. At least today's email would of been somewhat relevant. I think I need to go hunt down my online self since I'm thinking they might be pulling off of monster or something...

If I get something a bit more closer to what you're looking for, I'll let you know.

Might be a useful introductory book on physics for non-physicists.

Title: The Physicist's World: The Story of Motion and the Limits to Knowledge

Author: Thomas Grissom

Publication Date: June 2, 2011

Publisher: The Johns Hopkins University Press

Book Description: How do students learn about physics without picking up a 1,000-page textbook chock-full of complicated equations? The Physicist's World is the answer. Here, Thomas Grissom explains clearly and succinctly what physics really is: the science of understanding how everything in the universe moves.

From the earliest efforts by Presocratic philosophers contemplating motion to the principal developments of physics through the end of the twentieth century, Grissom tells the unfolding story of our attempt to quantify the material world and to conceptualize the nature of physical laws.

Through the centuries, questions about why things move proved to be unanswerable in any absolute, satisfying way. Instead the question became how things move, a direction of thought that led to the rise of modern science. Physics emerged as a mathematical description of the motion of matter and energy, a description believed to be complete and exact, limited only by the precision of measurement. Grissom shows that in one of the great intellectual ironies, advancements in twentieth-century physics affirmed instead that this quantitative theory was capable of discovering its own limits. There is only so much that physics can reveal about the world.

This is physics for the thinking person, especially students who enjoy learning concepts, histories, and interpretations without becoming mired in complex mathematical detail. A concise survey of the field of physics, Grissom's book offers students and professionals alike a unique perspective on what physicists do, how physics is done, and how physicists view the world.