Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I've played poker a few times, but for the social aspect. Once after a thanksgiving dinner, a bunch of us started playing and I'm pretty much a novice. I started raking it in and this was quarter bets. I was up $40 and I came down with food poisoning or flu, and I really wanted to just leave. But I couldn't just go, so I tried losing. DIDN'T WORK! We finally broke up a bit later with me taking in $100 and having to pull over several times on the way home to throwup in bushes. :sick:

Had a thought, spurred by the arrival of a lunch-with-the-dean appointment.

Background: I have one class 11:00 to 11:50 local time.

Scenario goes like this...

Student: "Can I talk to you right now, Professor?"

Me: "Now? No, sorry, I've got a meeting with the Dean in a couple minutes. My understanding is that I'm going to be disciplined for giving too many A's."

Me: "Now? No' date=' sorry, I've got a meeting with the Dean in a couple minutes. My understanding is that I'm going to be disciplined for giving too many A's."[/quote']

You can use this line:

"Its not my fault that admissions lets in too many intelligent people!"

Along the same lines: I would not have thought that having a student double-registered (that is, in two different sections of the same course) to be the crisis situation the Registrar's office seemed to think it was.