Longest Running Thread EVER

Yes, just not my daughter or her friends.

Actually, the physics teacher said at lunch the other day that he overheard one of his students telling another that I was 'scary'.  It became the topic of conversation for the whole table (about a dozen teachers) for the day. Collectively we concluded that a little fear is a healthy part of the student-teacher dynamic.

Oddly enough, the subject of test anxiety came up at lunch a few days ago, too.  Some of the teachers were saying they'd had test anxiety when they were students. I had to chime in by saying, "I don't get test anxiety. I give it." :bmk:

It's strange to hear that my daughter's acquaintances who were in my class consider me terrifying.

I've still got about ten years until I'll be able to worry about that.

In a conversation today someone said, "Well, perhaps not ideal, but you can work with terrifying. Yeah, you can work with that."

• 2 weeks later...