Longest Running Thread EVER

Usually one resorts to games only if conditions are hopeless. At least traditionally, not until the second or third full night of hopeless conditions. The first night you can fine-tune your instrument and get really ready should the weather clear. But after that, there isn't much to be done, especially if the forecast is adverse.

Fully adverse is better than not-quite-adverse.  I spent many hours in IRAF with data that was taken through very light cloud, trying to correct for said cloud in order to determine brightness... god that sucked.  I don't know if she ever published any of those results, the error bars were huge.

Fully adverse is better than not-quite-adverse.  I spent many hours in IRAF with data that was taken through very light cloud, trying to correct for said cloud in order to determine brightness... god that sucked.  I don't know if she ever published any of those results, the error bars were huge.

One of the reasons I was happy doing high-resolution spectroscopy. You know you aren't getting all the light down the hole, so you don't pretend to do any sort of flux calibration. Now, that restricts you to relatively bright things, but thin cloud only slows you down rather than waste your time completely on uncalibratible images.

Next Gen Fall TV: 10 Stars Poised for Breakouts

Hollywood's 100 Favorite TV Shows

Hollywood's 100 Favorite Films

Cutest Little Baseball Player Stops At First To Tell Dad He Loves Him

THIS POST IS DARK AND FULL OF 'GAME OF THRONES' SPOILERS ABOUT THAT DEATH

16 Best Simpsons Episodes of All Time

Celebrities say the dumbest things

OK, this ‘How I Met Your Mother' fan theory changes everything

5 Tragic World of Warcraft Villains That Used to Be Heroes

From the new Inspector Gadget show

Inspector Gadget: A werewolf movie? That is the fourth scariest type of movie behind vampire, zombie and romantic comedy. Are you sure you should be watching this? (to Penny)

Inspector Gadget: Wowzers. Now that is a horror show (as tv fades to reveal Chief who is inside the tv wall cavity)
Chief: Not as horrifying as MAD’s latest plot.
Inspector Gadget: They are filming a romantic comedy? Brrrrr *shivers*

Who's at Fault if VR Makes Us Hurl?

New York 2015 Review: STEVE JOBS Is A Dud

‘The Incredibles 2′ Set for 2019

Toy Story 4 Just Ran Into A Huge Speed Bump