Longest Running Thread EVER

My brother and I were given a copy of Avalon Hill's Blitzkrieg in our pre-teen years. It stuck, though it morphed into RPGs in the late 1970s. Good thing, considering the collapse of hexgrid wargames as a phenomenon in about a decade later.

:cry:

Dozens, many dozens. SPI was publishing a new one every two months in Strategy and Tactics, and that leaves out ten or so larger ones they cranked out each year. Pre-SPI, Avalon Hill had a couple of dozen of their own. Jim Dunnigan's page is a bit heavy on the self-promotion but it gives a bunch of the background.

I was never into wargames.  I got my first copy of Dungeons and Dragons for Christmas in 1981.  We had a gaming group in my little hometown that played D&D, Gamma World, and so on.  I was even introduced to Paranoia at summer camp one year.  

I learned about Champions from my college roommate in the fall of 1986, I've been a HERO guy ever since.

Yeah, that was one conclusion of these guys. Their other conclusion is that it will happen again.

Interestingly I found an article this morning about how a forest fire around the Chernobyl area could kick up all the fallout and send it skyward again.

Fukushima would be a joke if it didn't mean the radioactive contamination of an entire province and a large patch of Pacific Ocean.  If I were a terrorist bent on wrecking Japan's ocean food supply I could hardly do worse than TEPCO over the past four years.