Longest Running Thread EVER

And U2, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana (and anything of Grohl's) & Elvis Presley.

I have in-laws who are huge fans of U2.  They've seen them in concert seventeen times or some such.  I don't understand it.

Nirvana's music doesn't bother me, particularly, but it also doesn't make me want to seek it out.

I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree with you on Hendrix and Elvis, though.

I have in-laws who are huge fans of U2.  They've seen them in concert seventeen times or some such.  I don't understand it.

Nirvana's music doesn't bother me, particularly, but it also doesn't make me want to seek it out.

I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree with you on Hendrix and Elvis, though.

re U2: I understand it, U2 is popular. :winkgrin:

re Nirvana their most popular song has the lyrics "here we are now, entertain us" is demented and is a sense of entitlement. It seems perfect response from an audience who didn't understood The Who's "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss". According to its songwriter, Won't Get Fooled Again is a prayer (http://marathonpundit.blogspot.com.au/2006/05/pete-townshend-responds-to-wont-get.html). I'm also put off by Mr Cobain's suicide when he was a father to a baby (she is now 22). 

You can disagree with me on both Hendrix & Elvis, I'm okay with that. Just remember for when I visit, okay? :D I also have two unwatched dvds of Hendrix at Monterey and Woodstock. You are probably going to tell me to watch them now. 

There are rumors that Hendrix was planning to play (and maybe even record) with Emerson Lake and Palmer, had he not died when he did.

I'd love to find an alternate universe where this happened and import the album(s).

Wow, Bonnie Bedelia, the actress who played Holly Gennero McClane in Die Hard is the real life aunt of Macauley Culkin.

Die Hard (1988), Home Alone (1990). I'd like to think that Kevin learnt his 'skills' from John McClane via his "aunt" Holly.

Of course!

Nope. 

I don't think media corporations would hesitate even an instant before doing exactly this.

Of course they would try, but they are without a legal binding contract, hence without a leg to stand on. Plus they would have to go against history, the band HELP never existed (Hendrix, Emerson, Lake, Palmer). However, HELM (M for Hendrix's drummer) could have, except Palmer was suggested in the meantime and Emerson & Lake went with him, thus ELP.  

If anyone were to claim the recordings it would be the musicians themselves plus the Hendrix estate. And as there is a thriving underground bootleg market, this would be the market I would target these no-from-our-timeline recordings. 

And they're the Good Guys!

Did I get that right?

Nope. Ditto, as above.