Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

It wasn't in the bedroom, though. It was at the college computer center.

Which was the worst part about the whole thing, I think.

The point is, we (or at least I) am respectfully requesting that you take this personal discussion somewhere private. It's making me uncomfortable. This is a public forum.

-AA

I was going to attempt to change the conversation to this:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=6103648

But I suspect it is now going to fail. This is a person who is neither smart or talented. My wife, however, is much more smarter than I. Take it for what it is worth.

Neglected to mention my stubborn streak, didn't he?

In fact, if I know my squirrel, he's told you only good things about me, and left out my, shall we say, quirks.

So let me clear this up: I am NOT physically attractive. Perhaps a feature or 2 might be considered such, but when you consider the entire package, I am not. I'm overweight, have unruly, frizzy hair, dark circles under my eyes, and have disproportionately small hands.

I am also not incredibly emotionally stable. I have been hospitalized twice for depression, both times following suicide attempts.

I am not incredibly smart or talented. I am, at best, average in those regards. My colander of a memory may even keep me from achieving the 'average' ranking.

I've been fired from 3 jobs in the last year and a half. Four, technically, if you count the one that cut my hours to nothing without saying anything about it.

And yes, I'm insecure and air my dirty laundry. How clever of you to have figured that out.

So, you have flaws and aren't perfect. We're all in that boat. Nobody expects ya to be perfect. Heck, we wouldn't want it.

Ya must have good qualities. Josh married ya. ;)

Guest Skaramine

Alice, I know how you feel. My girlfriend is in a long distance relationship with me, and she feels the same about this stuff.

SuperSquirrell should be talking to you about this on the phone.

In private.

Watching an argument between a husband and wife is not pretty.

No... you see I had this brilliant idea. No one had posted to the thread so I would go out and find something to change the subject to. Then I come in and find your post. So I quickly try to modify the plan.

I compare the article on the woman and scorpions to my wife.

Yeap... only good old Super Squirrel would do something as lame and retarded as that. Someone hand me a shovel, this whole is getting hard and harder to dig. :D

Now, in a true attempt to change the subject...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0831041_photostamps_1.html

The post office decided that for twice the normal cost, you can have personalized stamps made. Did anyone even think about this before doing it? Smoking gun has used Monica Lewinsky's Dress and Ted Kezinsky among other stamp covers. Someone from fark had a stamp made that says "Work as a Team" with the Columbine Kids on the stamp.

Methinks you protest too much. :)

Are you tryin' to tell me you have no good qualities?

Sorry. Not buyin' it. ;)

Let me answer this for you.

Alice likes this particular story from Fruits Basket. I'm not good at getting the quote but she will be able to correct it properly for me.

"You can never see the plum on your own back."

It is very easy to see the good points in someone else, but not for yourself. My wife is a prime example of this quote. She can copy edit like there is no tommorrow. I can read the same passage five or six times and never see the mistake, she can get it in a half glance.

As I said before. Her writing is amazing. I'll have to convince her to let me share something of hers. You will see what I mean.

She is always there for you. I have never known her not to be dependable like that.

She uses her blinkers when she turns.

There are several details I won't mention because, like Mightybec said, keep your laundry dirty. Or was that don't dirty someone elses laundry. You get the point.

She is devoted to her work. She may have had some employment issues but she was truly never responsible for any of them. Bad luck and a-holes.

Oh, I can't keep going. Work is done. My job is outsourced. I'm going home.

I'm sure they would, but I'm at my most verbose when I'm fighting with someone. And I fight MEAN.

As you've already seen.

I don't feel like starting 981 posts' worth of fights.

Pshaw, that's easy. Just yell at the top of your lungs that you're for something controversial. You'll get responses. You defend your position. Before ya know it, you've got a ton of posts. :D

I agree. That would work really well if he wasn't at work right now.

As for you, squirrel, you know better than to feign such ignorance to make me feel smart. It only makes me feel stupider for laughing at your dumb humor.

At least, you'd better be faking it.

You know what? You suck.

Screw being polite. If you wanna punish SS do it on your own time. If you're looking for a cheap ego boost, do it on your own time.

If you don't have the brains or the spine to see one lick of good in yourself, much less give SS credit for choosing you over anyone else, then shut the hell up and suffer all by your lonesome. Don't come here and crap all over everyone else. You bummin' us out isn't gonna make you feel better.

Jesus Christ, this is not what I needed.

You know what? You suck.

Screw being polite. If you wanna punish SS do it on your own time. If you're looking for a cheap ego boost, do it on your own time.

If you don't have the brains or the spine to see one lick of good in yourself, much less give SS credit for choosing you over anyone else, then shut the hell up and suffer all by your lonesome. Don't come here and crap all over everyone else. You bummin' us out isn't gonna make you feel better.

Jesus Christ, this is not what I needed.

Hey All we're saying is that your avatar is demeaning to all manitees.

Guest Skaramine

You know what? You suck.

:thumbup: