Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I like the idea of having a British Monarchy. I like having an established family that can patron different charities and artistic things. I love the pomp and ceremony and damn it I like the idea of being Knighted. I'll have to live in GB to get Knighted now. Sir Ncholas Sando has a ring to it. And if I became I knight my old school would have two major drama awards the "Southward award of artistic excellence in Performance" aka "The Lennies" (after our recently deceased artistic patron Sir Len Southward) and the "Sando Dramatic Award" yeah, that would be pretty sweet. Knowing that you are rewarding up and coming youth who try their damndest. Yeah. sweet.

Callahan's Crosstime Saloon. By Spider Robinson. Something similar.

But that's what you will be accusing of plaigerising/copying. So read it and then decide whether to go ahead.

Actually, it was that book and another (Mike Resnick's "Outpost") that gave me the main idea. In both books virtually all the stories are told within the saloon/outpost, though the narration sometimes takes you elsewhere.

And I don't mind copying an idea, because it'd be about superheroes and supervillains, not dimension-hopping people or aliens or wierdos or sci-fi bounty hunters, etc. It's not original, like I said, but I can't get the idea out of my head so I think I'm gonna have to give it a shot.

Of course, this would be more for me than for any publishing purposes. At most it'll probably only get to a website.

A couple of hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator, in a calm soothing voice says: "Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." Theres a silence... then a shot. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: "OK, now what?"

That reminds me of the bad one my hunters education instructor told...

Joe and Bob are out in the woods hunting. Due to a stupid/tragic/name your choice accident, Joe Shoots Bob. Joe does what he can, then takes Bob to the Hospital. He asks the Doctore "Is he going to make it?"

The Doctor replies

"He would have been ok if you hadn't skinned and gutted him."

A couple of hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing' date=' his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator, in a calm soothing voice says: "Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." Theres a silence... then a shot. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: "OK, now what?"[/quote']

Vanguard, If you are aware of it, excellent.

And Rage ? You ? Knighted ?

Capital idea !

Something that Zornwil cannot get. Nor Rupert Murdoch. Yes old bean. You aspire to a knighthood. It can be done.

Damn straight, If that old theater fag Ian Mc Something or other can get knighted I can too.

So you have beaten him in quantity. How about quality? How many 1/2 naked women have you posted?
This thread is not about quality, but about quantity. Didn't you see the first post on your way in?

This is an experiment. What we have is an attempt by me to create the longest running' date=' NON game thread. Our record to beat, is the Catsuit thread. Quite a challange. And we are going to have to keep this thing as best we can. Threads and Tangents are welcome. Getting it locked is not desired.[/quote']

:D