Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Sure' date=' like the Revolutionary calendar of France.[/quote']

Yeah, and see how many people are still using that?

It took a long time for the Gregorian calendar to achieve acceptance even throughout western Europe.

The oldest calendric feature seems to be the week, though. As far as anyone can tell, that succession has been going without gap since the Mesopotamians started counting days. The Catholic Church has said they are open to further calendar reforms, as long as the succession of days of the week is not disrupted by the updated calendar.

Two kittens getting fixed today. Momcat went home yesterday. Besides the two residents (Felix and Hobbes), it's only Moose and Bugs -- both of them "special medical needs" cats -- in the house today. Both of the latter are real sweethearts, though Moose does not like to be picked up or held (though he'll sit on a lap OK).

We've got a taker for the little flame point. Sounds like my wife & kids want to adopt the female lynx point. Sigh.

FOSTER FAILURE!

:D

I just got that with one of our fosters. A very cute one-eyed kitten. He would of been easily adopted out, but oh well. We did cut off one Foster. She would always keep the most adoptable kitten for herself. And she'd be incredibly annoying during the foster process.

This guy is going home tomorrow with a family from California. (This is his intake photo, so doesn't show his full pretty)

3381715512_7799d4e5ed_m.jpg

FOSTER FAILURE!

Yeah ... Hobbes was sort of the same thing, actually; we adopted him (mostly on my wife's behest) about a year after Loki died. We've been a 3-cat household for most of the kids' lives. Since Siegfried died last spring we dropped back to being a 2-cat household, and while there was no push to get back up to the "normal population" there is factor.

Yeah ... Hobbes was sort of the same thing' date=' actually; we adopted him (mostly on my wife's behest) about a year after Loki died. We've been a 3-cat household for most of the kids' lives. Since Siegfried died last spring we dropped back to being a 2-cat household, and while there was no push to get back up to the "normal population" there is factor.[/quote']

We've come close and we're coming up on one year of fostering a particular cat, but so far so good. My wife and I have adopted a cat from each of the rescues we've participated in (Katrina, Lebanon, and Pahrump) and are up to six cats and our Foster.

Though our foster was supposed to be a short term hospice. But Bobb pulled out of his crash and is doing well. He's much happier in a guest room than in a run with other cats, so here he stays until we can find him a perma-home.

Know anyone who wants a full of personality, nine year old, diabetic cat? He does not like foreign films, but enjoys The Gilmore Girls. He also favorably reviewed Being John Malcovitch

2962939639_f57dfec83b.jpg

If we adopt Dove, then the residents will be Felix, Hobbes, and Dove, and the lodgers will be Moose and Bugs. Both of the latter are "special medical needs" cats, the first has only one kidney but otherwise is OK, the second is tailless and has hind end problems associated with that.