City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Posted before, I think, but:

@Blood Speaker, mostly on Justice... mostly...

I have at least two (very low-level) toons on every server, and have the "Hero Boards" channel on its own tab, but know very few players anywhere else. I'm open to teaming with anyone, anywhere, as long as I consider myself "fit company"... i.e. not exhausted to the point of being cranky or psychotic. Or falling asleep at my desk. Or getting ready to leave for work. :(

That's awesome Steve!

I'm on Exalted, Guardian, and Justice for the most part, but I do have a presence on all the other servers except for the European ones.

Thanks! :) If you haven't already, join the Hero Boards (iirc) Channel so we all can have a common way to communicate.

I've been splitting my time between Exalted and Guardian (mostly blueside on both), and lesser lately on Freedom (mostly redside).

Champion, mostly, and Exalted and a little bit of most every other server.

The Halloween event started today. Get tricks or treats by clicking on doors in a zone in your level range. Do banners or zombie apocalypse zone events.

There's a new trial too, via the LFG queue, for exactly four team members, levels 15 and up. It's on the Holiday Trials tab of the LFG window. A haunted house with a mad scientist and his abominable creation. There's a rumor that if you use a costume from the trick or treating through the whole haunted house, you get a badge.

There's a new trial too' date=' via the LFG queue, for exactly four team members, levels 15 and up. It's on the Holiday Trials tab of the LFG window. A haunted house with a mad scientist and his abominable creation. There's a rumor that if you use a costume from the trick or treating through the whole haunted house, you get a badge.[/quote']

There are three badges to be gotten in the new trial, all related to the last fight.

1) Wearing a costume throughout the last fight

2) Defeating the bot-thingie within the time limit

3) Defeating 99 zombies in the graveyard within the time limit

Since you can only take exactly 4 people on the trial (supposed to be 4-8, but bugged), it's best to have a tank and healer of some sort on the bot, and the other two sweeping the graveyard for zombies. MMs seem to be good for this. Also, it would seem that the bot itself is summoning the zombies when it "raises it's arms" (you get an on-screen alert for this), so locking it down with holds seems to be a hindrance to defeating enough zombies in time for the badge (still testing this). You also want to pace the bot-beating so that you don't kill it before you get the 99 zombies, or you "win" and it ends.

Are the zombie hordes still ridiculously invincible?

I've found them to be resistant to smashing damage, probably others as well. However, they are vulnerable to lethal damage. My Dual Blade scrapper and various gun blasters rip right through them.

They may also be vulnerable to fire... but that gets stinky pretty quick... ;)

JG

They weren't bad when my elec/elec brute went thru the trial.

A SS/Fire tank, a beam rifle blaster, and (i don't remember) were with me.

We ripped thru the zombies and ignored the bot until we got to 99.

I did very well against his energy attacks and had to flee before being stomped on, but the "??? Raises his foot" was warning enough.

JG

They're not designed to be soloed. Most folks advertise for a team, then huddle together in a ridiculously buffed scrum of heroness and beat the tar out of large numbers of zombies. That's the level that these zombies are designed for, and for the most part the zombies can't spawn fast enough.