City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Ok, here's a question for those who have altitis: What's the best archetype (as in best synergy, as I'm sure any combo is playable) for a Fire/Fire build? It seems like most of the "best" builds aren't from the matching primary and secondary sets, since there's always a differing set with better synergy. Given that there may not be a -/Fire or Fire/- that's ideal, what's the best archetype for playing a pure fire character? I was going to make JJF a SS/Fire tank, but decided against it. I'd rather have a pure fire build of some kind.

Ok' date=' here's a question for those who have altitis: What's the best archetype (as in best synergy, as I'm sure any combo is playable) for a Fire/Fire build? It seems like most of the "best" builds aren't from the matching primary and secondary sets, since there's always a differing set with better synergy. Given that there may not be a -/Fire or Fire/- that's ideal, what's the best archetype for playing a pure fire character? I was going to make JJF a SS/Fire tank, but decided against it. I'd rather have a pure fire build of some kind.[/quote']

Well, I don't know about "best" really, and the idea of synergy can be pretty nebulous as well. That being said, a fire/fire/fire Dominator is a pretty lethal build, in my experience.

Fire/Fire Brutes are also supposed to be good characters. Fire damage + Fury = top level farmer & big AOE damage, afaik.

On channels: You can right click on any chat pane to get a list of channels that you are currently a member of. You can also use the "Join Channel" option on that same pop up menu, or use "Search Channels" (again on the same pop up) to enter some words and get a list of matching channels.

I use some key binds to switch channels quickly for chatting. Alt-H for Hero Boards, for example. "/bind alt+h chatset Hero Boards"

As a side note (sorta), my wife has been doing videos for CoH practically since I got her started on the game. Many folks here might already be familiar with her stuff, but for those that aren't:

http://samuraiko.com/Videos.html

The CoH ones are all in the right-hand column, down the page a bit.

At some point tomorrow afternoon, I'll be on. If anyone is interested I'm trying to finish the

morality arc with my brute on Champion. I'll post again when I now when I'll be on.

I never got the chance to post yesterday. when I would be on. I got the mission completed thanks to @Pengy.

I'm reading up on Java Enterprise Edition managed beans right now, and later I'll probably go outside to get a little sun and exercise, but later today I'll probably pop in on Champion. Say around 5 - 5:30 pm Pacific time. If we get enough folks, maybe we can try some co-op content or something, maybe an ITF. I'm also getting a lot of blue-side badges that I've missed, so if someone wants to get an old badge we could run some Ouroboros missions too.

I've been on my Dark/Dark Brute on Liberty, doing the cheesy AE power leveling thing so I can have a farmer to make some IOs. I think my blasters could really use some, since my typical attack chains exceed my endurance, and that's before counting toggles.

Does anyone know a site that lists all of the IOs and IO sets? Paragon Wiki doesn't have one, the other wiki seems pretty out of date, and the link to a list from the Paragon wiki is an expired domain.

I'll be on Muerto Oscuro on Liberty for a while today, going to plow through some levels. I'm up for doing something if I have an alt that can do it.

I am familiar with her work. And she does great work. Isn't she almost the official video maker about now?

Yea' date=' Samuraiko does good work. I'm hoping to get in later today. Just need to finish off some side projects first.[/quote']

Her full i21 trailer should be out tomorrow or very early Tuesday.

As for being the "almost official" video maker for the game... well, I suppose having Zwillinger call us... at home... without warning, shortly after one of the ustream chats, to get us the info/documentation (NDA stuff) that we needed to get into the closed beta... is about as "almost official" as we can get.

What is MARTy?

MARTy stands for Metric Activated Reward Throttle (Y? Because exploits are bad!)

What is the goal of MARTy?

The primary purpose of MARTy is to automatically detect and prevent exploitative behavior by constantly analyzing the rate at which players gain rewards in game. This applies to many different rewards such as INF and Experience.

A secondary goal is to throttle only the worst offenders; those who exhibit truly exploitive behavior that ruins the game for everyone. If you trigger MARTy you are going to know that you are doing something abnormal and exploitive.

The rest of the post: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=271316

I guess I better finish exploit leveling my Brute! Of course, he's a villain, so this is to be expected.

BTW, is there a firm release date yet? The loading screen mentioned an early something or other for tomorrow, so does that mean Issue 21 is coming out this week?

VIP players are getting first crack at it tomorrow. I hope to get some time.

I wonder what's going to happen to all of my lowbies in Galaxy City at the moment? Heck' date=' I may delete 'em to run through the new starter area anyway.[/quote']

They get hit by a storm of meteorites... :P

And yes, my understanding is that the i21 headstart goes live tomorrow at 1pm PST.

edit: Awww DAAAANG! I actually MEANT to park a lowbie there, just to see what'd actually happen to him - he'd presumably get ported to the new Atlas Park. But now I'm at work, and by the time I get home, the servers will be down for the update! DRAT! :P

(edit2: I blame Pattern Ghost for reminding me of my failure. If he were a minion of one of my villains, I'd have to kill him... :D)