City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Wow' date=' you know you've had a bad day when Loyal Citizens are beating you up.[/quote']

Tell me about it. I need to get someone with a high enough level to go in the mission with me and check it out some more. It's on the Victory server where my highest is a 14.

What contact did you get this mission from' date=' and how do I become a level 25 Loyal Citizen? :D[/quote']

I got it from the radio quite some time ago. Possibly a year, so who knows what's going on with that. I think it may show a new mob type.

Had a really fun time yesterday on Pinnacle Hero-side. HeroJoe was with a group with a very good leader doing missions in Striga Is. The leader kept the group together, assigned priorities and basic strategies with out telling people how to play their characters. Even gave targets on the fly (Joe ... take out that gun!). It was a lot of fun and came close to a movie/F2F game experience.

Reminded me why I play CoH, when I can get it.

Just in case anybody here missed it, here are a couple of highlights from the devs posting: The 2008 State of the Game .

The City Vault is coming soon to the City of Heroes website and will showcase the millions of interesting Heroes and Villains found in Paragon City and the Rogue Isles. It will allow you to search for characters by a number of different criteria, and then view those characters, including images of different costumes, powers, badges, friends, stats by zone and other fun information! As we have previously announced, you can manage what information will be displayed through the City Vault for your characters via several in game options.

Are they just copying a popular feature from WoW, or is this different? (I do not play WoW, so I know not.)

Smoothing the XP Curve

One thing that we constantly examine is the rate of advancement in the game. In a future version, we intend to smooth out the leveling curve by changing how much experience is given out for defeating opponents. The intent is to smooth out the “bumps” where players typically get stuck leveling up their characters. Keep an eye on coming patch notes for specifics.

I could see this being somewhat difficult to get right, and could require several iterations of tweaking (followed by a wailing and gnashing of teeth from the players).

Real Numbers

As a general quality of life improvement we will be adding new functionality in a coming version of the game to display the “real” numbers behind your characters and their powers. This includes a user configurable display of important characteristics such as movement rate, regeneration rate, resistances and many more! Additionally, you will be able to see how those statistics are affected in real time by buffs and/or debuffs affecting your character.

I for one have been waiting for this for a long time. I know that not everyone wants to see these numbers, and I do not believe it should be forced on anyone, but I never understood why they kept them hidden from those that wanted to see them. It could make a big difference in how I decide to slot my enhancements, or when I use that inspiration.

Just in case anybody here missed it' date=' here are a couple of highlights from the devs posting: The 2008 State of the Game .

Are they just copying a popular feature from WoW, or is this different? (I do not play WoW, so I know not.)

This is what WoW calls "The Armory."

jg

I didn't realize the HERO boards population still had such a presence in the game.

My global is @Blowout

I've got mainly a 50 nrg/nrg Blaster and 33 grav/kin Controller on Victory, and about two dozen alts scattered about. Surprisingly, I don't have a lot on Champion. I guess it's an excuse to make more alts!

P.S. New changes up on the Test server, including wedding emotes. Back Alley Brawler said though that those emote won't be around for long, so enjoy 'em while you can. The emotes are probably related to the up-coming Valentine's day event...

There are several, but I think Tim runs the main one on Champion. His global is @Psilancer iirc. I and a few others can do invites now also. My global is @Hero Gojira. The best way to do this might be to get on our global friends list and on the Hero Boards channel, then it will be relatively easy to line up an invite.

Eurostar is our villain group on Champion, although frankly it's been extremely quiet lately. You're still welcome to join up though. Again Tim and I have invite there, and I think @Pukah does too.

There are several, but I think Tim runs the main one on Champion. His global is @Psilancer iirc. I and a few others can do invites now also. My global is @Hero Gojira. The best way to do this might be to get on our global friends list and on the Hero Boards channel, then it will be relatively easy to line up an invite.

Eurostar is our villain group on Champion, although frankly it's been extremely quiet lately. You're still welcome to join up though. Again Tim and I have invite there, and I think @Pukah does too.

I set it up so anyone in the SG can invite.