8 ED 5 Total: 11 ED (3 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

6 REC 0

40 END 3

32 STUN 2 Total Characteristics Cost: 108

Movement: Run: 8"/NC"

Swim: 2"/NC"

Cost Powers END

3 High Acrobatic: Leaping +3" (6" forward, 3" upward) (added to Primary Value) 1

4 Quick on her feet: Running +2" (added to Primary Value) 1

6 Light on her feet: Gliding 8" (8 Active Points); Ground Gliding (-1/4)

9 "Open Thigh Jump!" : +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Limited Power:Only to make target lose action/drop DCV that Phase (Power loses about half of its effectiveness; -1), Limited PowerOnly vs targets of appropriate sexaual orientation that can see her (Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness; -1/4) (added to Primary Value)

10 No one ever seems to escape.... : +20 STR (20 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Limited Power:Only witth "Muff o cation" Wring (Power loses about a third of its effectiveness; -1/2) (not added to totals) 2

Equipment

9 Nunchuku: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

11 "Ribbon of Love and Justice": Bought off Susceptibility (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Nuisance effect:Can't see while in use (Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness; -1/4)

Martial Arts: MA NAME

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Kick/Punch +0 +2 STR +2d6 Strike

5 Roundhouse Kick -2 +1 STR +4d6 Strike

3 Throw +0 +1 STR +v/5, Target Falls

4 Dodge -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 "Chop" -2 +0 HKA 0 1/2d6

5 Muff-o-cation -2 +0 Grab one limb, 2d6 NND/FMOVE

Talents

18 Combat Sense 14-

6 Combat Luck: 3 PD/3 ED

Skills

7 Acrobatics 15-

5 Breakfall 14-

5 Climbing 14-

7 Stealth (Always appearing out of nowhere...) 15-

15 +3 with HTH Combat

6 +3 with any single attack:Nunchuku

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 147

Total Cost: 255

200+ Disadvantages

15 Distinctive Features: Extremely attractive, totally nude, Not Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses

20 Hunted: The Principle of Satan's Toenail academy of Spartan higher learning and his staff, As Powerful, 14- (Very Frequently), Harshly Punish

5 Psychological Limitation: Slightly embarrassed by her "costume", Uncommon, Moderate

20 Psychological Limitation: Crusader for Justice!, Common, Total

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID, Frequently (11-), Major

20 Susceptibility: Handsome, Muscular men, Uncommon, 2d6 damage, per Phase

25 Dependent NPC: Takahashi Mayumi , Incompetent (-20 points or lower), 14- (Frequently)

35 Nude Crusader of Love and Justice bonus

Total Disadvantage Points: 255

Kekko Kamen: The Masked Beauty herself. Strong, clever, quick-thinking, and actually gets a little embarrassed at her costume (or lack thereof) at one point in the series. What more do you want out of a secret heroine whose true identity is unknown?

While she wields a mean nunchaku, seems to have studied at least one weaponless martial art, and has even used the secret weapon It's-Just-A-Blindfold-Stupid!, she is best known for her "final attack," the Open Legs Jump. This involves leaping into the air, spreading her legs (causing her attacker to stare at the area thus revealed), and landing so that said portion of her anatomy is mashed into her opponent's face. Nobody ever seems to get out of the way for some reason.

Kekko Kamen is the product of the demented imagination of Go Nagai. She has been quite popular in Japan, starring in several animated episodes and 3 live action movies. The series is juvenile, but its also pretty funny, parodying several genre of anime and never ever takes itself seriously.

Quote "Everyone knows my body, but nobody knows my face!"

Disadvantages:

Takahashi Mayumi This brainless beauty serves the purpose of cannon, that is, tentacle fodder. As such, the writers apparently thought she didn't need a personality. She is cute, though.

Hunted:The Principle (Satan's Toenail) and the teaches from Hell. A variety of weirdos and freaks with various powers and generally bad intentions toward the academy's students. Perhaps the most powerful is the large bosomed android Tanaka. Guess where her off switch is?

Susceptibility:Kekko get extremely weak in the knees around hunky muscular guys which leads to her defeat at the hands of the new Punishment Teacher in Ep 3. She is unable to return the favor because he's gay and is forced to flee the field. Later, she learns the "Ribbon of Love and Justice technique" from another student to overcome this weakness. It involves her tying a ribbon over her eyes which leads to her quote: "Its just a blindfold, stupid!"

Powers:Kekko is pretty much the standard anime character. Quick, strong and fairly durable. She uses nunchuku in combat and seems experienced in the martial arts, but her style is undefined. Her "signature" move in the "Open Thigh Jump" (see background) which no one ever seems to escape from. Kekko is extremely quick but doesn't seem to be necessarily superhuman. She is very light on her feet and at one time fights one of the Punishment teachers on the heads of the student body during an assembly.

Appearance:Kekko is tall and extremely...well proportioned. More so than most Japanese women. Overall, her build is athletic and limber. Her "costume" is a red ski mask with long floppy ears and a dove's feather on the forehead and blue eye plates with matching red gloves, boots, and a long flowing red scarf that hangs from a choker around her neck. And that's all. In the manner of anime women, she lacks body hair. Kekko likes to make dramatic entrances and usually opens a battle with speech about how her opponent's evil has offended her.

I haven't seen or read enough of KK to comment on your character sheet. I've been hunting pictures for the uninitiated, though. Of course I found almost nothing that could be posted on this forum. :o

Here's the least offensive picture I could conjure, apparently from a live adaptation. :rolleyes:

yuka01_1.jpg

Almost work safe.

Originally posted by Solomon

I haven't seen or read enough of KK to comment on your character sheet. I've been hunting pictures for the uninitiated, though. Of course I found almost nothing that could be posted on this forum. :o

Here's the least offensive picture I could conjure, apparently from a live adaptation. :rolleyes:

yuka01_1.jpg

Almost work safe.

Yep, there were three live action versions. I think there might a fourth one in the works.

From what I have been able to find on the live action versions, for an adaptation you would add

"Concealed boot blades" 1d6 HKA, IIF

Vehicle:Red souped up street racer bike or motor scooter, its hard to tell from the trailer

and

Combat driving:Motorcyle

Not really sure how to stat it, but Kekko Kamen is, in fact, not one person (or so they intimate) but is, potentially, every girl at the school. The idea is, any time the faculty think they have her, someone else can take on the mantle (and precious little else) of Kekko Kamen and throw them off the trail.

Originally posted by Black Rose

Not really sure how to stat it, but Kekko Kamen is, in fact, not one person (or so they intimate) but is, potentially, every girl at the school. The idea is, any time the faculty think they have her, someone else can take on the mantle (and precious little else) of Kekko Kamen and throw them off the trail.

Oh, thats sort of neat. Does that come out in the live action movies or the manga?

Originally posted by Bengal

I mean, we're talking about a naked Japanese schoolgirl, not a superhero.

Gahhh.... I told myself not to get sucked in, and I did anyway.

*shrugs* I can understand if you find it distasteful, but I do think it is a discussion about a superhero, just a particularly bizzare, comedic one.

certainly an interesting character. I to have seen the KK series. found it odd and funny as I do most of Go Nagi's works.

Course Cutie Honey and devil man rank a bit higher on what most people consider 'super-heroes' but we should also remember anyone fighting evil (no matter how/ or who there enemy is) is consdered a hero. Also the less powerful a hero is the more heroic they are in the japanese culture. so for those here in the states wanting a way to understand this.

Batman/no powers, defeats mutants and foul villians with his skills and mind is considered more of a hero than.

Super-Man/lots o'powers, defeats pretty much anything. But because he had the powers to begin with he is not see as great as batman or any normal man that fights similar odds. In fact superman in the japanese culture is seem as a minor hero because he has very little that can counter him

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Just educated myself on Kamen and have to add it to the long list of things I dont understand about the Japanese.

Well, besides being an odd piece of Japanese culture, it is worth noting that most of Nagai Go's work has a distinct juvenile quality.

Originally posted by animemun001

Also the less powerful a hero is the more heroic they are in the japanese culture. so for those here in the states wanting a way to understand this.

Batman/no powers, defeats mutants and foul villians with his skills and mind is considered more of a hero than.

Super-Man/lots o'powers, defeats pretty much anything. But because he had the powers to begin with he is not see as great as batman or any normal man that fights similar odds. In fact superman in the japanese culture is seem as a minor hero because he has very little that can counter him

Thats actually the way I see it too. Its things like the fascination with prepubescent school-girls and other sex-deviant fixations like the tentacles thing that I dont get about the Japanese.

OT: Morals and taboos

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Thats actually the way I see it too. Its things like the fascination with prepubescent school-girls and other sex-deviant fixations like the tentacles thing that I dont get about the Japanese.

The tentacles thing might stem at least partly from the need for graphic metaphores, given Japan's odd censorship laws. But there are indeed a lot of Japanese cultural memes that grate against Western taboos.

During the early '80, as privately owned TV channels sprung up like mushrooms in my country, Anime came to be a very popular "filler" for the afternoon time. Last time I tried to pen down all the Anime series I had seen at least a few episodes of as a kid, off the top of my head, the total count run in the hundreds. :o

There was little to no control on what was aired back then, and in hindsight it's amazing to think what were we allowed to see. I loved "Tiger Mask".

Well, one of those series (Fushigina Melmo) was about a shapechanging girl (sort of). But since she could not shapechange her clothes, she usually ended up clothless. Unlike Kekko Kamen, it wasn't bawdy or satirical - actually, it was a rather brilliant series with good script. But there was full back nudity and almost full frontal nudity. In a series aimed at preteens. And the last episode was actually an animated sex education lesson. Nowadays, no channel would broadcast such a show during the afternoon.

Re: Character Write up:Kekko Kamen

People tend to forget that the Japanies are more of a naturlist society. This, nudity dosen't truly bother them as much (We, as human beings, are born naked, we pull down our pants to go to the bathroom, we don't wair clothing to take a bath, many of us sleep naked, and when we are dead, we don't cair how we are clothed). That is the 'wierd' thing most westners don't quite get over.

What does this have to do with Kekko Kamen (who's name translates to "Wonderful Mask")? Nothing much. But if she fights crime in the buff, who are WE to yell 'Put on some clothing'?