Name suggestions for a character

RickMcc

18 hours ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

(who says a superhero needs to have a name which has to do with there powers?_)

Matter-Eater Lad?

I used to use Arm-Fall-Off-Boy as an example, but they ruined the character by re-naming him Splitter at some point.  Still waiting for a crossover team-up issue where he and the alien android Captain Marvel with the same schtick fight The Detachable Kid from before his Suicide Squad movie days.  

I might consider the name Collapsor, and have the base form be the giant form and getting down to normal size is just part of the way to going right down to the tiny size.  All depends on what you want your character to default to if powers are switched off.

I am taking inspiration from Colossal Boy from the 2004 reboot of the Legion of Superheroes.  In the 2004 reboot, the character came from a race of giants and his superpower was to shrink to 6 feet tall and therefore wanted to be called MicroLad.

Doc

Vague to most...Red Star.  Because there's red dwarf stars...LOTS...and red giant and supergiant stars, that include many of the most noteworthy stars.  I'll grant that if there's still some Cold War political carryover, Red Star will seem a tad Communist.

But hey, one can get a tad more obscure, and pick one of the red giants...Arcturus would be my choice.  Tiny from Earth, huge in fact.  Antares is also cool, but that's more associated with Greek myth.

Another angle would be to pick a name focusing on the giant size...that's the one that makes the massive impression (pun intended), whereas the shrinking side's the tricky, sneaky aspect.

Who says this character needs to have ONE identity. Since he can grow big AND grow small, it might make sense to give him two costumed identities. So may I introduce.. 

Mister Big, the mob boss who grows...

...and the Tiny Terror, Mister Big's small but brutal enforcer.

And nobody knows they are one and the same.

Edited by Stanley Teriaca

1 hour ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

Who says this character needs to have ONE identity. Since he can grow big AND grow small, it might make sense to give him two costumed identities. So may I introduce.. 

Mister Big, the mob boss who grows...

...and the Tiny Terror, Mister Big's small but brutal enforcer.

And nobody knows they are one and the same.

Don't forget the Shape Shift with Instant Change.