Variations on the standard superhero campaign

Normally I run the typical superhero games in big cities with a plethora of villains. But I have ran a couple of short-lived games a decade or so ago. I always liked the "People with powers" concept in sources like Wild Cards or Heroes. The game I came up with was early 5th, with PCs based on 300 pts and a 40 AP cap. This created more down to earth heroes with one or two major powers. I followed a similar rule for most of the bad guys, and added in free normal equipment and weapons. This was also partially based on an old 4th ed Dark Champions game that was based off the grunginess of TMNT and similar comics. The heroes were 200 points with normal (free gear) and martial arts. Their main foe was a guy like Lo-Pan from Big Trouble in Little China who had an entire ninja clan working for him. Most of the players chose wannabe Batman characters through a Casey Jones lens. 

On 8/11/2024 at 1:35 AM, Duke Bushido said:

Send him all your unused Experience Points.

;)

So @Doc Democracy is really Foxbat?! ;)

play video games

Video Game Mastery (DEX Based)

microwave food

Professional Skill: Microwave Cook (INT Based)

search the internet

Extra-Dimensional Movement: Internet (Must Leave Body Behind)

order pizza

Summon Pizza, variable effect, any toppings (Requires an Order Roll, Side Effect, summon Monster Pizza)

keep soda cold

Change Environment, Reduce temperature of canned and bottled soda, OAF Bulky - Refrigerator

24 minutes ago, Gauntlet said:

play video games

Video Game Mastery (DEX Based)

microwave food

Professional Skill: Microwave Cook (INT Based)

search the internet

Extra-Dimensional Movement: Internet (Must Leave Body Behind)

order pizza

Summon Pizza, variable effect, any toppings (Requires an Order Roll, Side Effect, summon Monster Pizza)

keep soda cold

Change Environment, Reduce temperature of canned and bottled soda, OAF Bulky - Refrigerator

These are, of course, important things to Foxbat. But we are going off topic. Or What Freddy would say, on topic.