Vampire: The Masquerade in Hero 5e?

I tend to enjoy playing most rpgs more by converting them to Hero 5e. I just know Hero 5th really well and so it makes GMing them not a drag to run. (I like 6th too, I use it, but for running other systems in Hero, 5e is my go-to.)

Is there a document or thread here on the forums that showcases package deals etc. for playing Vampire this way? Anyone tried it?

Is there a mechanic that will be spoiled by moving it to Hero?

PS: I've played Vampire: The Masquerade and I know the World of Darkness lore: I'm just thinking Heroing it will be more fun.

Further, though probably gone now (as most of the "good" internet seems to be), there was a reasonably well-done attempt at this posted on someone's home page many, _many_ years ago.

I _may_ have a copy of it (I had managed to get permission to copy the conversion notes,so long as I attributed them if I ever posted them elsewhere.  At any rate, the Way back Machine may help you find at least pieces of it.

Not going to say it was great or amazing- reading it makes it obvious this was like serious personal shorthand, and it skipped over things that an experiences GM would not need fresh, etc.  It was never meant for publication: it was just a GM sharing his take on the universe and the conversions.

It was worth at least a run-through, though, which was why I asked about copying it.  It was more well-thought-through than a lot of similar sites.

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2024 at 1:11 PM, Duke Bushido said:

Further, though probably gone now (as most of the "good" internet seems to be), there was a reasonably well-done attempt at this posted on someone's home page many, _many_ years ago.

I _may_ have a copy of it (I had managed to get permission to copy the conversion notes,so long as I attributed them if I ever posted them elsewhere.  At any rate, the Way back Machine may help you find at least pieces of it.

Not going to say it was great or amazing- reading it makes it obvious this was like serious personal shorthand, and it skipped over things that an experiences GM would not need fresh, etc.  It was never meant for publication: it was just a GM sharing his take on the universe and the conversions.

It was worth at least a run-through, though, which was why I asked about copying it.  It was more well-thought-through than a lot of similar sites.

Holy shnikeys, Duke! You're right, I found it.

https://hrclark333.tripod.com/roleplaystuff.html

Frickin' TRIPOD, and it's still active (i.e. I didn't have to use Wayback).

Thanks, Duke!

EDIT: The pdf for 5e Vampire on that page is amazing. It looks like a professional piece. Highly recommend.

Also, the creator is a member at the boards here, Agent333

Link: https://www.herogames.com/profile/498-agent333/

And, he posted about this PDF on the forums here:

Edited by Grow-Arm-Hair Lad