[Champions NEXT] The Flock

Doc Democracy

2 hours ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

All fingers point to Viper. Mostly because Viper is the default for criminal activity orgs.

Raven might be more appropriate, but they are more active in the world of secret agents then superheroes. 

For a creepy option, the suits could be provided by DEMON instead of VIPER or some other super-tech supplier. How they make them could be vaguely Lovecraftian.

3 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

This could easily turn into a campaign book, with the Flock having a mastermind behind them

Ha!  I am going to be lucky if I find the dedication to get an adventure finished!  I will leave bigger projects to those with a history of finishing things. 

On 8/3/2024 at 8:03 PM, Steve said:

You might try and link Bluejay and GRAB into this, since she has a flying supersuit. Maybe as a red herring lead. It could also be that her suit’s plans were used as the basis for these new suits.

What would the best (most recent) source be for GRAB and Bluejay?

Let me think...

All units:

Flight. Both normal and in emergencies Gliding variant. But of course both come from the fake wings.

Deflection: The wings are not just for flight.

Hand-To-Hand Attack: The wings feathers are too dull to cut but they can still sting when he swipes the heroes with them.

Extersensory Senses: IR and UV lenses in s Ute. Maybe even Active Sonar (special effect: bird call).

Flash Defense: of course the helmet.

Resistant Protection: enough to survive a nice fall.

Individual Powers: each suit has a speciality. Rook has extra strength and improved armor.  Blackbird has optical camo systems (see Ghost In The Shell). Both Jackdraw and Magpie have improved flight units. Magpie probally also has Clinging (to keep what he Grab and Grab By). ECT...ECT...ECT...

Just now, Doc Democracy said:

More Jackdaw than Magpie- I might switch bird names!  🙂

Jackdraw is one of the unit names. Feel free to change things up. I'm a guide, not a slavemaster after all.

Dug out the right book.  I actually like GRAB for this though I need to work out why they might want the Jovian Egg, it is not their kind of heist. 

There is however a huge synchronicity between GRAB and the Flock.  And the Bluejay suit is a great source for their technology.  I suppose VIPER could gave hired GRAB to steal the Egg and creating the Flock was the best way to do that.

11 hours ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

Champions Villains Volume 2: Teams for GRAB. For Bluejay, if she isn't in Champions Villains Volume 3: Solo then she is defently in Classic Eminies.

Bluejay is actually part of GRAB, which was why I suggested them for a red herring.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

I'm not writing this, so...

Yeah, but everyone can comment on what makes sense to them. 🙂

Just now, Doc Democracy said:

Yeah, but everyone can comment on what makes sense to them. 🙂

I will feel free to adopt, adapt or ignore.

Edited by Doc Democracy