Has anyone else had Hero Designer Problems on Mac OS Sonoma?

fdw3773

Ever since my Mac received a software update (Sonoma), Hero Designer no longer works correctly. I can open it via Java, but cannot use the mouse to go to each entry and at best, tab from Characteristics to Skills via keyboard but not back. I've deleted the previous version, and then downloaded and reinstalled the latest version (dated March 2024) and still no success.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

21 hours ago, Simon said:

You’re going to want to look into your Java installation - the issues you’re describing are not due to anything in HD’s code.

I uninstalled Java and then installed the latest version (April 2024) and still have the same issue as before.

38 minutes ago, Simon said:

The answer remains the same - this is not an issue with HD or with MacOS Sonoma (I code HD on a Mac). If your mouse is not being recognized, you’ll need to determine what in your system is causing it.

Both the mouse and touchpad on the Mac are not being recognized when I use HD;  it'll remain one of those computer mysteries.

14 hours ago, Simon said:

It’d be more mysterious if it was one and not the other. I’d look to permissions and security settings for Java on your system.

I checked Java permissions and security settings multiple times and there's nothing related to using a mouse/touchpad. If there's something specific I should select on those menus, please let me know and will go from there.

Unfortunately, debugging your specific system is not something that we're going to be able to do here.

The problem that you're describing is not endemic to MacOS Sonoma.  There were known (different) issues with Java on Sonoma 14.4, but those don't really apply here and have been resolved in the current (14.5) release.

You're going to want to look into what is distinct about your setup and start there -- if the mouse/trackpad is bluetooth, try resetting the connection. If the mouse/trackpad is USB-C, reconnect them. Etc.

Also, not to be the "have you tried turning it off and on again" guy, but have you tried rebooting your system since updating the OS?

6 hours ago, Simon said:

Unfortunately, debugging your specific system is not something that we're going to be able to do here.

The problem that you're describing is not endemic to MacOS Sonoma.  There were known (different) issues with Java on Sonoma 14.4, but those don't really apply here and have been resolved in the current (14.5) release.

You're going to want to look into what is distinct about your setup and start there -- if the mouse/trackpad is bluetooth, try resetting the connection. If the mouse/trackpad is USB-C, reconnect them. Etc.

Also, not to be the "have you tried turning it off and on again" guy, but have you tried rebooting your system since updating the OS?

The trackpad is part of the computer itself and the mouse is connected via USB-C. I've reconnected it multiple times and have not had success, even though the mouse works fine for everything else. Yes, I've also rebooted the system since updating Java and reinstalling Hero Designer still have the same issue.

Thank you for responding and trying to correct the issue.