Kazei Five: Night City Chronicles

Steve

My group is gearing up for the new campaign now that Pirates of Drinax came to a satisfying conclusion a few weeks ago.

Next up is a fusion of Kazei Five with Cyberpunk RED that I’m tentatively calling Night City Chronicles. We had Session Zero last weekend to run through the life paths for backgrounds and get a sense for what kind of campaign appealed to us all.

Well, I now have three divergent character types that I hope to weld together into a tight team: an Esper weapon hiding from Arasaka, an easy-going full conversion cyborg who has “issues” with a gang of drug smugglers, and an enhanced human with limited shape shifting abilities, being able to imitate other human males, who may also have his own issues with Arasaka.

Posted (edited)

Session #1 was earlier today. I ran the Cyberpunk RED module “Agents of Desire” which involved a seemingly simple recovery mission of a kidnap victim at first that went more and more noir as the session progressed.

Everyone had a great time, and the ending seemed to satisfy the group. Rai, the group’s esper weapon, gained a new power during the final battle that helped end things, which involved a pretty strong full-conversion cyborg backed up by eight chromed but less powerful gangers.

Edited by Steve

The first session gave me some initial directions for NPCs I need to flesh out more. I’m sure as the Crew does more missions and interacts with more new and recurring NPCs, that feedback will help me enrich things more. It also helps me focus on the lore of Cyberpunk RED and Night City circa the late 2040s that seems like it will be of most interest to my players.

I have to admit, the Bozos (Night City’s version of the Jokers from Batman Beyond) have some really intriguing lore going on. They used to be one group but have now broken up into different Circuses. Although they only made a brief appearance in the first session, groups of cyber-enhanced monster clowns seems like they could be fun.