Virus showing up on purchase

So, I decided to buy the character creation deck but when I went to download the zip file I get a virus alert saying that I have malware or a virus on this file.

Has this happened before, can I get a refund since I did buy it with the understanding that this wouldn't happen?

@Ralis  The thread you are referring to was also started by starblaze.   False positive are not unheard of but if this keeps happening it should be looked into by someone.   It would be helpful to know what security software @starblaze is using.  

9 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

@Ralis  The thread you are referring to was also started by starblaze.   False positive are not unheard of but if this keeps happening it should be looked into by someone.   It would be helpful to know what security software @starblaze is using.  

What, precisely, do you think should be looked into?  We have a small number of users that get warnings from their antivirus when they download zipped PDFs from small retailers.  Other users do not get those warnings.  

There are no changes in the software being downloaded between the two groups - it's all the same file, sitting in a database.

Is it possible to have malware in a PDF? Yes. Is it likely? No.

Is it possible to have malware downloaded from this system that is inserted into a PDF only for select people? No, not at all.

I am left wondering why @starblaze chooses to bring up the same issue he raised before....on a public forum rather than talking to the actual managers of the store (e.g. the support page).

Regardless, the answer remains the same: false positive. Move along.

Finding out which software is being used might offer some insight to what is going on.   Knowing that particular software is known for false positives could be useful. 

It is also possible that the warning is actually from malware.   I worked for GeekSquad for a while and have seen malware that gives these types of warnings to get the target to pay them.  Decent security software can give false warning, but it is rare.  A lot of the free security software tends to be buggy.  

This was more aimed at giving a fellow user some help.