export templates that work with printers & Directory structure

So far, downloaded four different sheets.  Look great on screen, but some of us prefer a printed copy.  Whatever I do the printed page comes out wonky....parts of two pages on one, headers of the next page on the previous.   Can someone recommend one of the many available templates that actually is formatted for 8.x11" US Letter?

Also, do the default directories actually work?   I set the directory for characters to one I created, go to open the character and it defaults to downloads and I have to browse back to the actual folder.    I created and set an export folder, Hero Designer cheerfully ignores this and dumps completed HTML files in the main directory.   What am I doing wrong?

HTML-based exports will look better (in general) but are not best suited to transferring onto dead trees. Look to plainer formats like rtf.

If default directories aren’t holding between sessions, you are most likely running HD from a directory that is protected by Windows UAC

Thanks.  Found a few RTF ones, almost settled on one of the RTM ones (it looks like the one in the book with rounded corners), but there is a bug...it lists powers costs, but no powers (I have 4 combat maneuvers).  Can you suggest an RTF form?

I turn off UAC. :)   But will try moving the directory to a different drive and see if that helps.

I’m not the one behind the export format (just the software that uses it), but I believe you’ll find martial arts in their own section…similar to the app and publications.

UAC is stubborn - turning it off for yourself may not affect all “users” / apps (especially Java).  Put HD into a directory not protected by UAC.

On 5/27/2024 at 3:32 AM, FLBurnsGM said:

So far, downloaded four different sheets.  Look great on screen, but some of us prefer a printed copy.  Whatever I do the printed page comes out wonky....parts of two pages on one, headers of the next page on the previous.   Can someone recommend one of the many available templates that actually is formatted for 8.x11" US Letter?

Also, do the default directories actually work?   I set the directory for characters to one I created, go to open the character and it defaults to downloads and I have to browse back to the actual folder.    I created and set an export folder, Hero Designer cheerfully ignores this and dumps completed HTML files in the main directory.   What am I doing wrong?

I was working on a html sheet that was formatted for US letter using pages.js as a framework.

d58v33.jpg.12795e46b5420e4d6e664615e67031bd.jpg

-86su7q.jpg.4d7479a178f37492fd77f1ca48d11721.jpg

Posted (edited)

HeroGM,

The file is called RPM_OfficialCharacterSheet6e

It does not list martial arts under powers and equipment, yet shows points spent in them (I show 12, which matches the designer).   Also noticed Perks are listed with just Fringe Benefits, with no list of WHAT was purchased.

On 5/27/2024 at 9:01 AM, Simon said:

HTML-based exports will look better (in general) but are not best suited to transferring onto dead trees. Look to plainer formats like rtf.

If default directories aren’t holding between sessions, you are most likely running HD from a directory that is protected by Windows UAC

Found one that works and is even better for my table of older players (larger text on more pages..2 front and back)   6E HTML Tasha's Ultimate Character Sheet v1.6.1 Serif n blue.   Two sheets front and back, photo.  Looks good

Edited by FLBurnsGM