League of Champions

tiger

1 hour ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

Is it on the person ordering it, or the company submitting it?

I can say that I'm having issues with the POD on this project. More so than my other titles

4 hours ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

Is it on the person ordering it, or the company submitting it?

I can say that I'm having issues with the POD on this project. More so than my other titles. Fighting with bleed at the moment

23 hours ago, tiger said:

I can say that I'm having issues with the POD on this project. More so than my other titles. Fighting with bleed at the moment

Tiger, what are you using for layout? Bleed can be a pain, that's for sure. 

3 hours ago, tiger said:

InDesign. Making sure it's meeting their requirements but still hates me😁

Yeah, I hear that. Much as I love the program, it can be persnickety sometimes. If you need help, let me know. 

I got an email from Heroic Publishing offering me the opportunity to advance order a physical copy.

"Please reserve for me a copy of the League of Champions Sourcebook. I am contributing $24.95, plus $6.00 in the US to help cover shipping costs (international shipping will vary). I understand that this issue will not ship until copies are received from the printer."

It looks like they're just recycling the text they use to advance order issues of their comics.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Sketchpad said:

@tiger, will the POD copy combine the various Heroic-based books into one copy? Is there a chance we may have the option?

The POD is slightly different from the digital, page count, put it is the same material

My favorite new art for the supplement

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1042415304557241&set=a.529965799135530

Edited by tiger

I'm just seeing the news in this thread now that the League of Champions PDF is now available on DriveTruRPG: that's great!

I'd really prefer to buy the PDF with a physical copy PoD.  I've always been satisfied when I've done that previously on DriveThruRPG.    This thread is the first insight I've had that that option is problematic for publishers.  Is there any further update about the status of the PoD option?

Excited about this, I was wondering if the Table of Contents for the final book is about the same as the ToC enumerated above in this thread in early June?  

(I ask in part because the DriveThruRPG page for this new supplement doesn't have a lot of detail, or a "Preview' to click on, which might've included the ToC. But I did notice that the Table of Contents above in this thread does seem to be substantially similar to the detail about this supplement on its DriveThruComics page.)

Comparing that ToC to the original League of Champions supplement, which I bought three years ago on the Hero Store, it looks like this updated version deletes Dr. Arcane, Lady Arcane and Giant, but adds a new character, Nightwind, as well as correcting some game stats and adding new/more character details?  Is that a fair summary of the changes/additions?

Reading this thread again refreshed my recollection that this project is to be a series of supplements, of which this revised one is just the first.  Will the second be a League of Enemies book, and would that be the one including stats for the original Gargoyle?  The initial post also mentioned that all of these League of Champions-related supplements might ultimately be gathered into one, larger supplement: is that also still the plan?

Thank you in advance for answering any of my myriad questions!

On 7/8/2024 at 10:51 AM, dan2448 said:

I'm just seeing the news in this thread now that the League of Champions PDF is now available on DriveTruRPG: that's great!

I'd really prefer to buy the PDF with a physical copy PoD.  I've always been satisfied when I've done that previously on DriveThruRPG.    This thread is the first insight I've had that that option is problematic for publishers.  Is there any further update about the status of the PoD option?

As soon as the POD is approved I'll announce it. We're giving a discount coupon to everyone who purchased the Digital version; that way, they can get the POD at a discount.

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 1:22 PM, dan2448 said:

Comparing that ToC to the original League of Champions supplement, which I bought three years ago on the Hero Store, it looks like this updated version deletes Dr. Arcane, Lady Arcane and Giant, but adds a new character, Nightwind, as well as correcting some game stats and adding new/more character details?  Is that a fair summary of the changes/additions?

Here's the POD Table of Contents

Table Of Contents

League Background                                                                               8

Huntsman                                                                                                   12

Icestar                                                                                              `          18

Flare                                                                                                               24

Black Enchantress                                                                                  32

Sensational G-Girl                                                                                   37

Nightwind                                                                                                    44

Pyche                                                                                                             51

Icicle                                                                                                               58

Sparkplug                                                                                                     64

Tigress                                                                                                           72

On 7/8/2024 at 1:22 PM, dan2448 said:

Reading this thread again refreshed my recollection that this project is to be a series of supplements, of which this revised one is just the first.  Will the second be a League of Enemies book, and would that be the one including stats for the original Gargoyle?  The initial post also mentioned that all of these League of Champions-related supplements might ultimately be gathered into one, larger supplement: is that also still the plan?

Yes the Arcanes aren't in either book, at least as of now. I haven't started the second yet, so I can't say for sure. Gargoyle is slated to be included

Second book is slated to included

INACTIVE                           ASSOCIATES                         DECEASED MEMBERS

Transpower                       Doctor Arcane                        Giant

White Dove                       Lady Arcane                           Gargoyle

Jade Hornet                      Liberty Girl

Nemesis Girl                     Lady Flying Fox

Galloping Galooper

The next book we are planning to put out is League of Enemies.

Edited by tiger

35 minutes ago, tiger said:

Yes the Arcanes aren't in either book, at least as of now. I haven't started the second yet, so I can't say for sure. Gargoyle is slated to be included

Ok. That was a surprise. The Doctor and The Lady is his baby. And I don't know if there is a third book planed for hanger on characters (I always thought Lady Arcane was a full member myself...)

I'm happy Gargoyle will have stats in a book.

If there is enough call for it, I hope for a third "League" book with hanger on heroes like Eternity Smith, Captain Thunder and Blue Bolt, the already mentioned Arcanes, Galloping Galoper, Lady Flying Fox, and so on...

Ok...stats for Captain Thunder and Blue Bolt might not be possible because of reasons (mostly that I believe they are owned by the writer/artist team of Roy and Dana Tommis). But Dennise should own the rights to everyone elae, right?

Oh, and one vote to add King's Gambit villain group to the League of Enimies book(s). If Roy can agree to have Captain Thunder and Blue Bolt's stats published, he can agree to publish the stats of King's Gambit. Nuff Said.

Edited by Stanley Teriaca

On 6/29/2024 at 10:20 AM, Stanley Teriaca said:

42 minutes ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

If there is enough call for it, I hope for a third "League" book with hanger on heroes like Eternity Smith, Captain Thunder and Blue Bolt, the already mentioned Arcanes, Galloping Galoper, Lady Flying Fox, 

Doc & Lady Arcane will be in book 2. Gargoyle will unless the page count gets too high, then may need a third book. We're wanting to keep the count at about 80 pages.

1 hour ago, tiger said:

Doc & Lady Arcane will be in book 2. Gargoyle will unless the page count gets too high, then may need a third book. We're wanting to keep the count at about 80 pages.

Understood. Dennis created Eternity Smith, but I can't remember if he ever crossed over with the League. I know Captain Thunder and Blue Bolt did, but only with Sparkplug.

7 hours ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

Understood. Dennis created Eternity Smith, but I can't remember if he ever crossed over with the League. I know Captain Thunder and Blue Bolt did, but only with Sparkplug.

We will see what he has planned. We have ,4-5 book ideas at the moment. Could add more as we go. I've suggested a couple things as well, so never know.