NFL 2024-25

52 minutes ago, Pariah said:

HA!

Rain-soaked defensive battle, huh?  

You, sir, are a glutton for punishment, but...hey your team had more points at the final gun, that's all that matters. 

Methinks Saleh's chances of lasting out the season are declining.  Won't say "first to go" cuz there's several, but from the box score...play calling, penalties, and bad O-line play tend to read out as "bad coaching."

19 minutes ago, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

I'm calling it now-- 0-17, the jags will make history! 

Eh, Indy's not that great, Tennessee was actually #32 in several NFL power rankings this week.  They've also got the Pats and Jets, who might be in the first stages of a total implosion.

Amusing take from the Athletic...admittedly very early picks.  RoY:  Jayden Daniels.  Reasonable, as he's #3 in rating and QBR, #1 in completion percentage...and has his team at 3-1.  MVP...our furball will like this.  Sam Darnold.  Comeback PoY, yeah, he'd have to be a top candidate there.  The writer's SB pick:  Baltimore.  Eh...I'll believe it when I see it, but Derrick Henry definitely has the potential to stabilize Lamar Jackson.

The fun one:  first coach fired.  Pederson, yeah, good chance.  Other name mentioned:  Sirianni.  The buzz from the 10-1 start turned into a total crash, the start this year hasn't been pretty despite going 2-1, and the other team pretty much cruising for 2 1/2 quarters yesterday...in PHILLY of all places...yeah, things have to be getting...interesting.  Saleh's another one, if the Jets continue to struggle on offense.  Another story pointed out...in the next 5 weeks, they play Buffalo, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, and Houston.  Steelers might be exposed at that point...doesn't help they lost another offensive lineman...but that just says, take the under.  Games like that are rarely anything more than a tossup.

29 minutes ago, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

Sirianni and Saleh were the topic of discussion on my radio this morning with little mention of Pederson. Is that because Pederson's expectations are so low? The Jags are not in the same tier as the Igles and the Jets in terms of outlook, so that pessimism may just save his job for a while longer. 

Basically.  The (injured) Eagles and (rained out) Jets fell far short of expectations, while the Jags met or even exceeded theirs.  Raiders fans are used to this phenomenon.

Incidentally the Broncos D looks legit, rain or not.

I think Jags should be criminalized if they ruin Lawrence with their inability to block at all. I fear he will be another David Carr. Heck, bench him for his own safety.

Other thing my brother pointed out in Miami, so Tua out, so do they use the backup that has been there all year and at least has practiced with team? NO, they pick up a QB to play in game. If your backup is that bad, why is he your backup.