NFL 2024-25

Quote from last weekend's Seattle-Miami game:

With that third-down sack, Calais Campbell now has a sack against the Seahawks in three different decades, his first being a sack of Matt Hasselbeck in 2009.

Kicking stats updates.  Tonight's games aren't included.

FG Overall:  174 of 195

< 20:  1 of 1 

20-29:  44 of 44

30-39:  51 of 51

40-49:  36 of 45 (80%)

50+:  42 of 54 (78%)

That's utterly mind boggling to me...  I don't care that it's good weather, good fields, and all.  It's insanely good.  It's SO good that I'm wondering whether the usual "analytics" assessments reflect them or not.

NO PUNTS AT ALL in Bengals-Commanders.  Which has to be a massive concern for the Bengals.  

44 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

NO PUNTS AT ALL in Bengals-Commanders.  Which has to be a massive concern for the Bengals. 

Bengals offense is clicking pretty well but I have to assume their defense was roofied or otherwise suffering from numerous injuries.  At least they kept it sort of close.

I almost wish I could have watched the Jags game just so I could see what the hell is going on with that team.  There's some talented players over there so I don't see why it wasn't a little closer.

1 minute ago, Old Man said:

Bengals offense is clicking pretty well but I have to assume their defense was roofied or otherwise suffering from numerous injuries.  At least they kept it sort of close.

I almost wish I could have watched the Jags game just so I could see what the hell is going on with that team.  There's some talented players over there so I don't see why it wasn't a little closer.

The Jaguars' offensive line couldn't run or pass block. The Bills' offensive line could.

Cincinatti had no answer for Daniels' mobility. He didn't do much running, but what he did was very effective on 3rd and 4th and short. 

Before the season started, the main defensive weakness for the Bengals was the interior defensive line.  Then in training camp they lost their backup DTs and then lost both starting DTs last week in KC.  Last night they were forced to start a 3rd stringer and rookie Kris Jenkins - who was playing with a club hand due to thumb surgery.  They had one backup who was just signed this week.  

4 minutes ago, Cancer said:

I guess they can't push the goal posts any further back ... but they could make them narrower ...

The amazing thing is...he'd be making these even with Arena Football goalpost width, which is narrower.  He's not the only one;  it's been much more common, from the games I've seen, that the kicks are much closer to dead center.  There just haven't been many where you're going, ok, is it gonna hook back inside, or is it gonna continue fading and miss, or...you get the point.  

Then, of course, Aubrey missed the last kick which gave the Giants a breath of life.  The first 50+ yard attempt he's missed in his career.

Giants are cursed.  Super rookie Nabers nabs 12 receptions...and a concussion late.  Good news is, TNF means mini-bye.

I don't know, you have to wonder how much the momentum breaker in the 1st when Giants were driving for a tieing TD, iirc, and apparently one of their players was called for a personal foul because his face mask might have broken a cowboys players fingers, or something like that. the announcers were bamboozled about the call and that was the only thing they could come up with. You have to wonder what the replay assist people were looking at. If Giants can score there instead of field goal, makes me wonder about how est of game might have gone.

Yeah, I remember seeing the replay, it was a horrible, horrible call.  Definitely one of those that I think drives all fans insane...why can't that be reviewed???  

Generally, I'd say it wasn't enough to turn the narrative of the whole game, but this is the Cowboys.  They have a pattern of getting smacked in the mouth and folding like a papier mache mannequin.  Last year...the Arizona game, when Arizona was awful.  Niners.  Bills.  Then the Packers.  Twice this year, if you downplay the late comeback.

Zach Wilson is listed as a healthy scratch for today's Broncos game against the Jets. He can serve as the emergency backup if both Nix and Stidham get hurt.

Which is too bad, because I was fantasizing about the Broncos whipping the Jets so badly that Sean Payton would put Zach in during garbage time. That just seems like the kind of thing he'd do. 

Holy cow.  Eagles have one of the worst quarters I can recall offhand.  First downs...Bucs 11, Eagles 0.  Yards, Bucs 190, Eagles 10...-3 yards net passing.  Score...21-0.  

The early games have 3 of these...got Vikes-Packers on, it's 21-0.  That's disturbing...the Vikes might actually be good...?  <shudder>  And the Colts are 17-0 over the Steelers...that the Steelers haven't scored is no surprise, but giving up 17 is.  But, the Steelers are flailing...8 carries for 4 yards.  Passing game's just poor.