Hero System for FoundryVTT

5 hours ago, UltraMark said:

What's the latest on this?  I'm about to play my first online Hero game, and would love to know if I should do this or Roll20.

As mentioned above there is an unofficial Hero Module for Foundry. Works pretty good. I would recommend it before Roll20, but then again, I only tried the Roll20 one once and it was an early version, but I didn't like it as much as the Foundry one. YMMV.

At this point, I'm not sure if this project can continue. I am passionate about Hero System and actively working on two Hero projects for publication, but I have to be realistic and acknowledge that I cannot get this done the way I would like.

That said, I am willing to finance the project, but I need someone to take the reigns and run with it.

I'm also open to collaborating with the unofficial Foundry system module to see this is as complete as possible.

When I started, I did have spare professional cycles to put towards this. Unfortunately, I no longer have that time, and I do not want to keep disappointing folks, including myself.

I very much want to see a great Foundry solution for Hero Games. I am willing to release it to some other custodian.

I'd love to see an online subscription version of Hero Designer as well.

I am willing to fund these efforts, provided there is a solid project plan I can get behind.

I am passionate about the work I've done and am doing for Hero. I regret I could not get this farther along than I did. The core functionality is great, and the foundation is there for a lot of automation.

Thank you for all your support as I pushed forward on this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2024 at 9:54 PM, Theala_Sildorian said:

I've been working on building a system for 5th ed using Sandbox and have made great progress.  I'm wanting to get the combat tracker to work right and noticed the 6th ed version works.  Is there any way I can get some insight as to how that was done?

I recommend you join the Hero-Champions-RPG (unofficial) Discord server. It's active, full of great content and a great place to ask questions and discuss the editions. The coders of the Unofficial Hero System app for Foundry are very active there and communicative with members. I'm sure they would be happy to give you advice. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2024 at 1:40 PM, Juxtapozbliss said:

I recommend you join the Hero-Champions-RPG (unofficial) Discord server. It's active, full of great content and a great place to ask questions and discuss the editions. The coders of the Unofficial Hero System app for Foundry are very active there and communicative with members. I'm sure they would be happy to give you advice. 

I've been trying to find this on Discord to no avail. Is it still active and I'm just stupid? Either is a distinct possibility.

10 hours ago, Jkeown said:

I've been trying to find this on Discord to no avail. Is it still active and I'm just stupid? Either is a distinct possibility.

yep, it’s still very active. I’d send you an Invite, but I don’t have invite privileges. I’ve attached a screenshot of the server name.

IMG_1827.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Actually really surprised HERO System hasn't received an official VTT release yet. One of the most popular sandbox TTRPGs of all time. Character building is a lot simpler than GURPS. I've been looking for a way to play this online for quite a while.