Dad was a fan, his first date with Mom was to see Goldfinger. I remember seeing Moonraker in the theater, and I think we went to see The Spy Who Loved Me back in '77. 

Then again, I wasn't allowed a GI Joe figure as a young kid, but I did have the figure of Cornelius from Planet of the Apes ("He's a scientist, you know"-Mom)

Bought myself a new toy, mainly because I wanted something that plays music with an actual headphone jack. I think the whole player is actually smaller than the cassette tape it's showing on its screen (it shows different grades of tape based upon the bitrate/encoding of the file, with HF Type I for MP3, though I usually turn it off to save battery life). It's Android, so I can also stream from a variety of sources, including my Plex server.

NW-A306.jpg

I will not see my colleagues in Reading until November and it all depends on them wanting to play those games. It took several years for them to select Wingspan and Mansions of Madness is still waiting a run out.

I jumped on getting Viticulture after having to wait nearly a year to get Castles of the Mad King Ludwig. It was out of stock/print.

The only game I have got that has not gone down that well is Villainous.

Wingspan went down well but it has a simple play guide for start up and this was invaluable. I would advise people to use that first to get you used to the game.

On 9/26/2024 at 4:17 AM, death tribble said:

Wingspan went down well but it has a simple play guide for start up and this was invaluable. I would advise people to use that first to get you used to the game.

I have a copy of Wingspan, but I've never played it.  Opened it and read the rules, but haven't had opportunity to play it.