I hate this day.

unclevlad

I solved this problem by having kids and just never getting enough sleep anyway. I don't know that I'd recommend it for everyone, though.

Seriously, though, you have my sympathies. It's preposterous that we spend nearly 2/3 of the year pretending we don't know what time it is.

We got rid of it about a decade ago. We'd already had a couple of attempts to introduce it, including a "test" season, and both times the following referendum was a clear "no".

So, this last time, the government decided that the will of the people meant nothing. They were going to introduce it, for a 3 year "trial period", with a possible referendum at the end.

Well, the year after, there was a state election. And the opposition ran on an end of the "trial". And they won HANDILY. And first thing they did was cancel the whole thing.

Hasn't come up since.

I turned sixty-two Sunday, and spent a lot of time ceyong on the inside-- not about being old; He'll, I love that!  I have reached that point where I if I dont feel like goinf inside, I can just pee ofd the front porch and people oretend it didn't happen (just ignore the crazy old man; he cant help it...).

Unfortunately, I have rwached the age where I cant make it inside, and have to pee off the front porch.   :lol:

The great thing is that at two hours a year, I have saved exactly one-hundred and twenty four hours of daylight!  If I withdraw them from my daylight savibgs account judiciously, figuing twelve daylight, twelve dark, twelve daylight, etc- I have nearly eleven extra days!

(That....  That _is_ how this works, right?  There _is_ daylight actually being saved, right?  We can cash it in on something useful, right?   Right?!)

But no; that is not what upset me.

Nah.   What got me was spending the day working toward this:

You dont get it.  Just yesterday she was too feet tall, and squealing with delight when she ran up to hug my leg when I came home from work.

Growing old isnt bad.  Youve been practicong for it your whole life.   But you just arent ever foinf to be prepared for how lonely the last part gets.

3 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

I turned sixty-two Sunday, and spent a lot of time ceyong on the inside-- not about being old; He'll, I love that!  I have reached that point where I if I dont feel like goinf inside, I can just pee ofd the front porch and people oretend it didn't happen (just ignore the crazy old man; he cant help it...).

Unfortunately, I have rwached the age where I cant make it inside, and have to pee off the front porch.   :lol:

The great thing is that at two hours a year, I have saved exactly one-hundred and twenty four hours of daylight!  If I withdraw them from my daylight savibgs account judiciously, figuing twelve daylight, twelve dark, twelve daylight, etc- I have nearly eleven extra days!

(That....  That _is_ how this works, right?  There _is_ daylight actually being saved, right?  We can cash it in on something useful, right?   Right?!)

But no; that is not what upset me.

Nah.   What got me was spending the day working toward this:

You dont get it.  Just yesterday she was too feet tall, and squealing with delight when she ran up to hug my leg when I came home from work.

Growing old isnt bad.  Youve been practicong for it your whole life.   But you just arent ever foinf to be prepared for how lonely the last part gets.

Judging from the video, you have a magnificent life.