2021-2022 NFL Thread

Starlord

Yeah, I've been busy with war news and rushed over here the moment I read this.

At least he announced his triumphant return before free agency began so TB can figure out their moves taking him into the calculation.

I must admit that I have less dislike of Brady ever since he left the toxic New England organization.

And old men should stick together.

I still have hopes that Brett Favre will unretire.

I wasn't quite sure what copper fit was, so I googled it. Upon reaching their website, I was immediately greeted by an image of noted pseudoscience enthusiast Gwyneth Paltrow.

That's going to be a hard pass for me.

In a tangentially related story, I once had a student ask me what I thought about power bands. I said, "Well, I like Dream Theater...."

And despite all the usual denials, yes, Aaron Rodgers is gouging the Pack.  Contract's signed now.

So the Broncos sign Randy Gregory away from Dallas, where he apparently had about the same offer, but there was some contract language he didn't like.  Well, yes, perhaps not, but the Cowboys stuck with him through some major drug-related suspensions.  If this is because he's tired of the constraints?  I'm thinking the Broncos are playing with fire, and there's a notable chance he's gonna backslide.  

3 hours ago, unclevlad said:

And despite all the usual denials, yes, Aaron Rodgers is gouging the Pack.  Contract's signed now.

So the Broncos sign Randy Gregory away from Dallas, where he apparently had about the same offer, but there was some contract language he didn't like.  Well, yes, perhaps not, but the Cowboys stuck with him through some major drug-related suspensions.  If this is because he's tired of the constraints?  I'm thinking the Broncos are playing with fire, and there's a notable chance he's gonna backslide.  

Reminds me of Hamilton with the Angels. Like you couldn't see a relapse coming.

1 hour ago, slikmar said:

Reminds me of Hamilton with the Angels. Like you couldn't see a relapse coming.

Hadn't remembered that specifically, but yeah, that's a good example.  I think almost no one considers their situation in an organization;  conversely, I think organizations undervalue leadership and don't consider disruptive elements.  Browns released their center, JC Tretter.  He's 31, but that should mean he's got 2-3 more good years before sliding.  One story mentioned his blocking grade was among the best for centers.  Browns admitted he was a major locker room leader...the players made him NFLPA president, they were so impressed with him.  He started every game for the last 5 years.  Their alternative on the roster?  A fifth round draft pick, with 2 starts in 2 years...at *guard*.  So this is, IMO, a terrible "cost-cutting" move.

Hey, if the Browns try to grab Watson, it might just be classic Brownian motion.  Drifting along aimlessly without path or plan.  Especially if they bail on Mayfield (looking very likely, if the whole "we want an adult at QB" is to be credited) and Watson, after they trade for him, gets hit with a year's suspension.

17 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

Cleveland is out on Watson. Good news. 

They completely broke their relationship with Baker. Bad news.

Maybe. If Baker is released, I don't think he'll be unemployed long. He may not be one of the elite, but he's capable if you surround him with players. 

- Yes, good news for the Bengals.

- Yes, bad news for the Bengals.  We needed Baker to stick around and fester for a few more years.  Now they may bring in someone who may be leader and not constantly divide the locker room.

PS:  Pretty sure the relationship-breaking was 50-50.  Baker has foot-in-mouth disease and seems to have a lot of trouble adulting.